Questions for the cult.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is not a craze, rather more of a slight twisted CULT; What happens to the flock when the green stuff is gone?

Reality about to set in...
When you are down to your last batch of GC, how much longer will you extend your extended drain interval?

Reality sets in...
When it is gone;
1] Because of your extreme devotion, will your Idol [GC] be dead to you?
bowdown.gif

2] You will cease to strive toward greater understanding and awareness of who you are and the world you live in?
gr_eek2.gif

Direction...
Many admire the Green too much to recognize other oils...Like a bunch of sheep or cows, does the flock-o'-green denomination go wandering aimlessly through the oil fields?
fruit.gif
la la la la lalaa

Will there be chaos, paranoia, posse's forming to go after the hoarders with large quantities?
itschy.gif

The first rule of GC Club is you don't talk about the end of the GC Club (aka "The GCPocalypse").

Rev440, you're out of the club!

(spoken by a man who used the green, got a so-so UOA due to throttle body cleaner shenanigans (not blaming GC), wasn't impressed with the lower MPG and sluggish behavior of his engine, and has switched back to lower viscosity but still 30W synthetics with good sensations so far)

y_p_w,

That's how they operate, didn't you know? They start off selling it cheap, then *BLAM*, cut off your supply, go underground, and charge you outlandish prices for something you used to be able to get on virtually any street corner.

German Gold sounds a lot like a euphemism for wacky tabacky!

quote:

Originally posted by bigpaulo:
y_p_w,

That's how they operate, didn't you know? They start off selling it cheap, then *BLAM*, cut off your supply, go underground, and charge you outlandish prices for something you used to be able to get on virtually any street corner.

German Gold sounds a lot like a euphemism for wacky tabacky!

I'm not sure exactly how it's done, but Osram Silverstar headlight bulbs have been imported from Europe through gray market channels. For whatever reason, they're sold in the US at a price much less than one can get them in Europe. However - bulbs don't weigh much.

I'm guessing part of the reason for the high retail price of European products is VAT. They're probably cheaper purchased wholesale for resale.

The German VAT does not apply to products exported from Germany.

US Residents can also file for a refund of the VAT taxes paid while they are in Germany.

Once and for all...this is NOT a cult...it is a collegial collaboration of convivial and contemplative Castrol connoisseurs...case closed

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Once and for all...this is NOT a cult...it is a collegial collaboration of convivial and contemplative Castrol connoisseurs...case closed

Well, Shucks & Fodder!!!! I was almost a finish'd mixin the green "Kool-Aid".......Dagnabit Pscholte, what in tarnation er we gonna do with ya?

quote:

Originally posted by Rev440:
Will there be chaos, paranoia, posse's forming to go after the hoarders with large quantities?
itschy.gif

Bring your cape Superman
tongue.gif
. Hope you're not allergic to lead
grin.gif
. I've got lots of food and water too and I'm dug in for the long haul
cheers.gif

Take the years remaining in your life expectancy, then multiply by the number of miles you expect to drive per year. Divide by the OCI and multiply by number of quarts per oil change. That is your lifetime supply. For me, it's 350 quarts. If I hit enough Autozones it could happen!

I guess that is why one of the hoarders here has over 500 quarts. Guess he could round up 3 years worth of Meals Ready to Eat for him and his family, build a cabin in a remote area with a secure storage shed, and wait out the confligration.
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by racuda:
Take the years remaining in your life expectancy, then multiply by the number of miles you expect to drive per year. Divide by the OCI and multiply by number of quarts per oil change. That is your lifetime supply. For me, it's 350 quarts. If I hit enough Autozones it could happen!

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Mine came out to 492 qts! Man, I gotta get movin
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back