New Auto Zone in area ,they have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gj

New Auto Zone in area ,so thanks to you all i had to see ,and sure enough they have some. my questions are : i have a hyundai that has a lifter knock for a few seconds at start up in cold weather. i use M1 10w30. think a change to GC might be in order year round or just winter?P.S, I didn't sneak a peak in bottle,yet.

If you use the GC, use it year round...you don't need to keep swapping back and forth. If the lifter noise is still there with GC, try BC. There are some who may say, "If he is getting lifter noise on start up with a 0W-30 don't tell him to try a 5W-40." Regardless, I recommend you try it if The Green doesn't give you the results you are hoping for.

another concern i have is what if autozone quits selling it? no offense but i don't want to have to buy a stash. it will eventually run out.thanks again.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
You never know what those elves are up to.
smile.gif

You are right, bp, you just never do...
wink.gif

Which motor do you have? I use it in my '04 2.0 4 cyl Elantra with no problems.

FYI, there is supposed to be a TSB coming out from Hyundai about the lifter tick, they say use a 20w-50 oil, so BC would be a good choice also.

As for stock piling, get 1-2 oil changes worth to see if your motor likes it (there have been a few that don't) and just hope they keep it. That and hope the new gold stuff is just as good.
I ended up getting 6 changes worth, which @ 7000-7500 mile OCI will be about 2 yrs for me. By that time, hopefully something else is out there that is as good if not better.
You never know what those elves are up to.
smile.gif

i have the 1.5 engine. 20w 50 seems kinda thck in winter time for a 98 hp engine.it seems the lifter knock has only started within the last year. it's a five year old car, 105,000 miles.

quote:

Originally posted by gj:
i have the 1.5 engine. 20w 50 seems kinda thck in winter time for a 98 hp engine.it seems the lifter knock has only started within the last year. it's a five year old car, 105,000 miles.

Oh, OK, the TSB applies to the 2.0 BETA motors only as far as I know.
Like I said, I would buy 1-2 oil changes worth at first. Buy a good filter also. Personally I would not use a Super Tech, just too small, even the oversized one. OEM, Puralator, or Wix are my personal choices.
If the engine likes it, buy a few more if you want. If it does not, you can always return it (or sell it here to those who can't get it
smile.gif
) I would think the 0w would help quite a bit over the 10w your currently using by getting the oil flowing a bit faster and reducing any valve noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back