Tell tale signs of GC fanatics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to three different Autozones today in search of GC for my parent's next oil changes. After a quick look at batch numbers, I noticed someone has been very curious and opened bottles for a look & sniff.

G0507's now =/
No sweet smell or green tinted goodness anymore

I'm kind of glad my car has the G0501 green stuff atleast...

Any else see signs of GC fanatics at their local autozones?

Biggest sign I see is NO GC.
dunno.gif
But, hey, I am stocked up on green, so no sweat for a year or so. They I guess we all go for the gold
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pick:
Biggest sign I see is NO GC.
dunno.gif
But, hey, I am stocked up on green, so no sweat for a year or so. They I guess we all go for the gold
cheers.gif

I just took all of AZ's GC oil in Pascagoula,Ms.
And I'm Green and going to be Greener when I find somemore at other AZ's on my way to Destin this weekend.
fruit.gif

I always laugh when I see the old Made in USA bottles in the front followed by some MO5 gold and then all Made Germany green after that and I snatch it all up!! Trying to hide the green in the back never works on me I check every grade of syntec all the way to the back just in case someone trys to be sneaky, if you find a stash just buy it all right there and then, hiding it does no good, I learned that lesson the hard way. I also just go straight back behind the oil racks to check for cases of GC, I don't even bother asking the clerk to check for me I just waltz on back there and start hunting. Up to 98 so far.

quote:

Originally posted by bluengold:
I always laugh when I see the old Made in USA bottles in the front followed by some MO5 gold and then all Made Germany green after that and I snatch it all up!! Trying to hide the green in the back never works on me I check every grade of syntec all the way to the back just in case someone trys to be sneaky, if you find a stash just buy it all right there and then, hiding it does no good, I learned that lesson the hard way. I also just go straight back behind the oil racks to check for cases of GC, I don't even bother asking the clerk to check for me I just waltz on back there and start hunting. Up to 98 so far.

You have to wonder what these store clerks think we people come in and start pulling off all the oil in 1 rack.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
You have to wonder what these store clerks think when people come in and start pulling off all the oil in 1 rack.

There is a fundamental flaw in your statement. Look at it again & you will see what I mean.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GSV:
It isn't the clerks that look at me with raised eyebrows, its the other customers within earshot.

I snagged 12 more qts. of GREEN GC yesterday. I had to remove about 8 qts. of US 0w-30 to get to it. As I read the back of each bottle I let out a CRAP! if it wasn't the good stuff.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Actualy, you don't even have to look at the back, yellow label is American, red label with the starburst on the front is American, red with no starburst is GC. I now just look at date codes. Everything I have found lately is the golden M0502***.

I was fooled once by relying on label color. Now I'm extra carefull. I still want to see Made in Germany on the back along with the ACEA A3 rating. Then I know I've got the "stuff".

I've got at least 3-4 years worth of the Green GC in my stash so I'm
grin.gif

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

The GC bug hasn't hit my area too hard from what I see. There are M02's in both USA and German versions where I am. I don't have any because I stocked up on M1 back in November before I hit the BITOG boards, otherwise I would have bought the two dozen or so quarts of M02 from Germany that were(probably still are too) here and had a nice few-years supply for my car. Then again maybe they were people stashing them because the good stuff was in the back, at the time I assumed that they were just stocking it in the back to sell the old stock first.

It isn't the clerks that look at me with raised eyebrows, its the other customers within earshot.

I snagged 12 more qts. of GREEN GC yesterday. I had to remove about 8 qts. of US 0w-30 to get to it. As I read the back of each bottle I let out a CRAP! if it wasn't the good stuff.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back