Shrine stops at 217

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've stopped building the GC shrine for now. Aquired a few more quarts of 04 on my recent trip from Las Vegas back to Va. Even though the "gold" is probably as good as the "green", I'm holding off til some UOAs are done on the 05 stuff. At least this will make the wife happy (which in turn makes me happy
grin.gif
) until my next obsession.

So did you fly with the elves? Did your oil join the mile-high club?
grin.gif

I could have flown with mobil one, but kept the calendar coupon instead. Few Pepboys near home... Don't know how the FAA approves of flying with the stuff.

Can you imagine getting into a discussion with the TSA about "Oh, it's german, it's the best-- no, I bought it stateside..."

quote:

Originally posted by shortyb:
I think I've stopped building the GC shrine for now. Aquired a few more quarts of 04 on my recent trip from Las Vegas back to Va. Even though the "gold" is probably as good as the "green", I'm holding off til some UOAs are done on the 05 stuff. At least this will make the wife happy (which in turn makes me happy
grin.gif

I'm still open to buy...
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by shortyb:
grin.gif

I'm still open to buy... (but I'm only at about 175)
grin.gif

PS I've got my Formula Ford racing neighbor into the Green...he is even contemplating putting it into his race car...for now he only has it in his VW " street fleet."

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I'm still open to buy...
grin.gif

Yeah, guess I would be too except most of the 04 stuff is gone locally. And I'm not really interested in driving far for it after my cross-country drive. Just unstuck my butt from the driver's seat and need for the shape to come back (in the car seat
grin.gif
)

eljefino-If only we could get so lucky
wink.gif

quote:

PS I've got my Formula Ford racing neighbor into the Green...he is even contemplating putting it into his race car.

I've seen the results with the original SLX formula here in FF race engines, and it was good.
grin.gif

And this coming from someone who was product sponsored by a rival oil importer.

offtopic.gif
Curious as to what he is currently using ATM, and what pump pressure he is running. I dynoed a few oils, and it ended up being some of the easiest horsepower we ever found in those little pushrod engines.

Oh, BTW, you're all sick,
freak2.gif
and I mean that in the nicest possible way
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Well, I just did the unthinkable....I traded 6qts of M04 GC(from my stash) to a "GC-hungry friend" for 6qts of BC 5W40. Yes, it was a momentary lapse of reason...but I wanted the BC for my Volvo and I made a good friend very happy.

frown.gif
Darn it, I miss those 6qts of green already.

Originally posted by Brikhead:
Well, I just did the unthinkable....I traded 6qts of M04 GC(from my stash) to a "GC-hungry friend" for 6qts of BC 5W40. [/QUOTE

As long as he is truly a "GC-hungry friend" who will treat the little green soldiers in the war againts friction, wear, deposits and engine destruction with love and respect, the Elves and I believe what you did was noble and good...especially since you made clear you missed the little warriors.
cheers.gif

You guys realize that you have a 10-15 year stash of GC right?? Will the oil "hold" that long?

217 quarts X $5.38 that Autozone charges now + 7% tax = $1,241.97
bowdown.gif
worshippy.gif

[ April 15, 2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Buzzsaw ]

I just can't see stocking that much. In 5-10 years, oil is bound to be "better" than the iterations out now. Your stockpile will be considered inferior compared to the standards in the future.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Greggy_D:
You guys realize that you have a 10-15 year stash of GC right?? Will the oil "hold" that long?

Greggy_D,

Not with three cars that consume a combined 16 quarts per oil change...remember also I am not one of those who can embrace a once a year change interval.

quote:

Originally posted by Greggy_D:
I just can't see stocking that much. In 5-10 years, oil is bound to be "better" than the iterations out now. Your stockpile will be considered inferior compared to the standards in the future.
dunno.gif

Ah, but consider...what if the magical Elixer doesn't remain dormant or inert all the time it's waiting to serve...what if the Elves have given it the ability to upgrade itself...hm-m-m-m-m?
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:
217 quarts X $5.38 that Autozone charges now + 7% tax = $1,241.97
bowdown.gif
worshippy.gif

Alot of it was purchased when on sale $3.49~$3.69 per qt. Also got a bit @ $1 when it was mismarked (misread by scanner?) too. Va. tax is 4.5% except for the recent purchases out of state. Anyway, I'd say around $800 for it all. Still alot I reckon but with prices on the way up, it makes a good hedge for the future hikes. Plus its GC! Hard to put a price on all that goodness
grin.gif

Cutehumor-most in the garage but some has found its way into the mudroom/bathroom just off the garage. Don't need to take any reading material into the "library" when I can just look at all those black bottles of glorious green elixer
tongue.gif

And the answer to your alls question? Yes, I'm
freak2.gif
. But I am a BITOGer after all
grin.gif

[ April 15, 2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: shortyb ]

I bet the AZ supplier is scratching his head on this. They told me GC was a real dog for sales, but there's been a run on the stuff the last couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back