And the results are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo,

I understand your feelings.
confused.gif

To Zoil test folks. Tony tells me some are getting very impatient and from the posts above I see it is true. I have lots of data to share but wanted to await some confirming data from A DOD lab that is running some final tests.

If you can hold on for the finale I should have the remainder of the data in the next two weeks.

I will share what I know now just to help sate your appetites.

Also there have been rumblings as to why continue the test. Well one, is that most the raw data work is already done, we are just wrapping up crunching and verifying data.

Two, this formula is very advanced and well thought out, not because of the brand issues or marketing but because it works well and is affordable. That is critical for people who want the best bang for the buck.

For the general board the base oils in the Zoil product are a very thick cut of PAO, then mixed with a thinner PAO cut. The esters that Mola and myself have shared already are one of two that are derived from PAO's themselves.

Until I wrap up the rest of the test I just don't feel comfortable speculating any further.

Even if this maker stops production of this formula finding alternative sources would be very helpful and worth the wait here at BITOG.

Remember brand is not the key but performance and taking 3 months to get educated on this cutting edge lube technology is well worth it !

Thanks, Terry

PS. I want to say that carpy's post that a XOM lab reverse engineered this fluid and found it to be a Group III is completely incorrect. If they did that with the regular fluid (not made in Germany) then maybe, but not Zoil.

Zoil is PAO ,heck even the darn esters are PAO derived and that is new and different.

I have asked Tony and the Mods to post some of the Electron Impact raw data for all to see and understand how difficult it is to catalog and intepret the molecular structure of this or any fully formulated lubricant.

Give it a day or two for our BITOG guys to get er done.

GLX you are welcome.

No one is as dissapointed with the delays as I am, believe me.

Terry

[ April 12, 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Thanks Terry, appreciate it.
cheers.gif

I guess the question going forward will be, will this "unique" blend change with the new add pack they are using, which looks a heck of a lot like the new Amsoil S2k chemistry (500ppm Mg/1,700Ca). I guess if they keep the PAO/Ester you are referring to, it should still perform. Time will tell I guess. I wonder why/how they don't make the other grades of this quality? Cost?

Terry, what are the chances of getting some of the newest M05 formula of GC tested? I wonder if the new gold colored version is just as high tech as the green stuff?

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Terry, what are the chances of getting some of the newest M05 formula of GC tested? I wonder if the new gold colored version is just as high tech as the green stuff?

That's the million dollar question.

noob, for that I need to get another lab source ....this one has done the last sample for Dyson Analysis.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
this formula is very advanced and well thought out...it works well and is affordable. That is critical for people who want the best bang for the buck...this cutting edge lube technology is well worth it !

Thanks, Terry

Thanks VERY MUCH, Terry.

Patman and the Elves and I
Doo-dah, Doo-dah
Are so happy we could cry
Ohm-be-doo-dah-day
'Cause we know we shall seldom see
Doo-dah, Doo-dah
An oil better then GC
Ohm-be-doo-dah-day

Autozone better hunker down,
Doo-dah, Doo-dah
'Cause every BITOGer in town
Ohm-be-doo-dah-day
Is going to head for the back of the store
Doo-dah, Doo-dah
And the GC inventory will be no more (just for a little while)
Ohm-be-doo-dah-day

Anyone want to guess how we feel right about now?

fruit.gif
cheers.gif
fruit.gif
cheers.gif
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I just went out to my garage & hugged my GC stash.
 -

Did you scratch it on the little ring under the cap and say "Coochie Coochie Coo?" It REALLY likes that...lots of times it will go right to sleep.
sleeping.gif

Would GC considered an excellent cold temp type of synthetic oil. I mean would it do well say in Australia type condition. I know I've seen excellent UOA especially in Canada's iceberg winters.

quote:

Originally posted by Mamala Bay:
Would GC considered an excellent cold temp type of synthetic oil. I mean would it do well say in Australia type condition. I know I've seen excellent UOA especially in Canada's iceberg winters.

MB,

The posts we read from the guys down in Oz indicate they have a particularly demanding high temp climate, but I will tell you here on the Eastern Slope of the Rockies in the summer on the Interstate at 75 mph at 5000' and up with hilly terrain the demands on a motor oil are pretty high too. I will tell you that I have confidance in The Green whether it is -10º or +100 and in our cars it has been exposed to both. Let's put it this way, whether it's Waianae in the summer or the summit of Mauna Kea in the winter, da kine GC can handle it brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back