Pssssst!!!!!! GC Found in Frederick, MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny voices called me to the AZ in Frederick....
I left 30 bucks poorer and 6 quarts GC richer....

The bottles are labeled Made in "Elfland" for Castrol USA and have M05 on the bottom. Its straw colored.

Going to use it in my '04 Sienna van and give it a long test.
cheers.gif

Hey thanks!!!

I've been following the elves for months it seems...
I've been happy with running Valvoline 5W-40 in my turbo beetle. I was considering using that in my new Sienna because of the ACEA A2/A3 and VW 502xxx quals but the "40" part was spooking me...engine warranty and all. The GC 0W-30 sounds like its a perfect replacement for the Valvoline 5W-30 I'm running in it now.

Twilight,

I bought 6 qts.... I think they had 2 or 3 left... no cases.

I did't see anything but the M05 version....

Not to worry, I think it will perform the same as the M04... but it would have been cool as **** to have "green" oil....

Hmm, maybe all the bottles I saw in the back were M05. Will you do a UOA on this batch of M05 when you use it? I'm sure everyone is eager to find out how it does compared to "the green."

I'll probably UOA it. It's going to be awhile as I don't lay on the miles like I used to. Probably won't be done till December or later. I too am interested in how this oil works out.

I've been a Valvoline synthetic convert and have gotten good UOAs with 5W-30 and 5W-40s. The CG is interesting as it offers a A2/A3 standard in a xW-30 weight.

Hey, I went to the same store two weeks ago and bought 6qts as well
grin.gif
Did you notice how much was left? When I went, there was a huge supply of M04 and I was very tempted to take alot more than 6... but I had to do my duty as a GC'er and left the rest
cheers.gif
I can't wait till my break-in is over so I can use the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back