I'm confused about G3 Syntec and GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of Syntec in the Castrol US website looks the same as the GC posted by glxpassat on the other topic. So is that now all Syntec are GC made in Germany? Or the Syntec is still G3 and GC is another real synthetic made in Germany?
dunno.gif

I live in Germany, and all the Castrol oil I see is stamped as "Made in the EU." I wonder what EU country these oils are made in? Germany?

I didn't realize that the GC everyone talks about is simply Syntec 0w-30 with a Made in Germany stamp on it.

I need to check the base exchange and see if they have any that is made in Germany.

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
worshippy.gif
From the land of the Great and Wise Elves. He gets first dibbs on The Green
cheers.gif

Yes, well... I don't get near the stuff!

Though there was one guy who had contested my observations, this oil sells for about 15-20 Euros per liter! Too rich for my blood. When I stated this observation the comment was "sure, but only at a gas station." This was the cost of the oil at the local Globus and Hella superstores.

I get paid in U.S. dollars. At present 15 Euros = about $20!

I will check my post exchange for GC. They carry Castrol Syntec.

quote:

Originally posted by Jeffrey:
I live in Germany, and all the Castrol oil I see is stamped as "Made in the EU." I wonder what EU country these oils are made in? Germany?

I didn't realize that the GC everyone talks about is simply Syntec 0w-30 with a Made in Germany stamp on it.

I need to check the base exchange and see if they have any that is made in Germany.

GC is really Castrol SLX.

GC is the only German origin Syntec of which we are aware (the 5W40 Belgian is also an import.)The other Syntecs, at least those sold in the US, are probably of the "mixed imported and domestic component" variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back