2005 GC is not green!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased five quarts at an AZ in northern Cincy without looking at the numbers on the bottom. After checking two days later, I was dismayed to see "M0504..." on the bottom of each quart. Needing to prep the lawnmower for the upcoming cutting season, I used 15 ounces of GC in my Troy Bilt. It's golden honey in color and not anywhere close to being green. As with everyone else, I'd like to see VOAs on the green and "the honey."

The bottles I have look identical to the photo that glxpassat posted earlier ("this GC is for you") on this forum. On the back it says "made in Germany" and imported by Castrol North America. That statement is located on the lower right of the back label, which seemed a different location than I had seen on another photo in this forum.

What does the SLX LongTec label look like? And what's the difference in oils? My bottles say "A3/B3 B4 and five other manufacturer oil specs.

My Bottle of 05 GC also looks identical to the 04 GC bottles I have and says "Made in Germany" on the back. I just opened the bottle with production code M05041... and it is definitely the amber variety..not green.

It seems like we're going to get our detailed GC analysis done just in time to get to do another one for this weeks formulation...

frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:
It seems like we're going to get our detailed GC analysis done just in time to get to do another one for this weeks formulation...

frown.gif

I wish we could get both formulations completely broken down at the same time to know for sure how they differ.

I've noticed that all the postings of the amber GC have the batch number that starts with M0504. GLX's pic shows M0501. Perhaps just the 0504 batch is amber
dunno.gif

Just an observation. Anybody else have any non-green GC with numbers other than 0504?

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:
I've noticed that all the postings of the amber GC have the batch number that starts with M0504. GLX's pic shows M0501. Perhaps just the 0504 batch is amber
dunno.gif

Just an observation. Anybody else have any non-green GC with numbers other than 0504?

Yes, the amber GC I spotted this weekend was M0502. So it is looking more and more like the green GC was only up until M0501, then after that it's been nothing but amber in production.
frown.gif

I have also noticed something else. i went to all three Autozones in my area. The bottle has the red ow-30 label on front, but when you look on the back it doesn't say made in germany...says made in US. I thought only the red label was GC.

quote:

Originally posted by DeaconBlue:
Oh well, those three bottles of the green imposter will have to be removed from the rest of real GC

IMMEDIATELY
quote:

and regulated back with the M1 stock. They will, like the M1 SS 0w-30 have to be fortified with a quart of M1 SS 15w-50 in the crank case to live up to the standards of the real GC.

The Elves respectfully submit that it will take a lot more than that to become GC.
grin.gif

As I posted in the other thread, reading you guys has made me go out this weekend, hunt down the ellusive elixer, and buy 5 quarts to start my own stockpile, and I don't even have anything to PUT IT IN!!!!!!

PS. I also picked 4-5 Gallon Delo 400, 2 q M1 T&S, 3 Q syntec gear oil, 2 q Rot. 5-40, 1 pt. synpower oil treat, 7 q M1 ATF, and some RP.....

Don't worry, eventually I will have something that it will go in, and I will know that it will have the best!
tongue.gif

You can never have too much oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back