I found a GC stash!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have been reading about this GC here. Well, I thought if I can find it I will give it a try. I have been using Amsoil 5w-30.

Went to my local Autozone a few moments ago and I found it. Red label where it says 0w-30 and on the back it says made in germany---$5.32 a qt. I bought all they had (12 qts.) and left happily. When my next oil cahnge comes up I will give it a try for awhile.

I looked on the bottom, though, and it indicates that is the 03 batch....is this a good batch? Is autozone going to keep selling this, or will I get hooked and then it will be gone?

I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier V6 with 3,000 miles on it. i plan on trying to go 10,000 miles with the GC. Does anyone have a good oil filter recommendation to go with it?

The 03 batch will work fine. I've heard people that have a stash that includes 02-04, so you're good and 10k on that oil should work just fine. As far as a filter goes, alot of folks like the SuperTechs from Walmart. I don't use them but I've heard they are good for the price. You might also look into Napa Golds or Wix which are mid range as far as cost, but are very good for the money. Mobil 1's are virtually indestructable, but they run 10 bucks a pop. Any of the above should accomidate you nicely
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Mulaka:
Hey guys. I have been reading about this GC here. Well, I thought if I can find it I will give it a try. I have been using Amsoil 5w-30.

Went to my local Autozone a few moments ago and I found it. Red label where it says 0w-30 and on the back it says made in germany---$5.32 a qt. I bought all they had (12 qts.) and left happily. When my next oil cahnge comes up I will give it a try for awhile.

I looked on the bottom, though, and it indicates that is the 03 batch....is this a good batch? Is autozone going to keep selling this, or will I get hooked and then it will be gone?

I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier V6 with 3,000 miles on it. i plan on trying to go 10,000 miles with the GC. Does anyone have a good oil filter recommendation to go with it?

Where was it?

[GC singing]
"When I was M03, it was a very good year....It was a very good year for small town elves & soft summer nights....We'd hide from the lights....and make the oil green, when I was M03."
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:

quote:

Originally posted by Mulaka:

Where was it?

Jonesboro, Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back