Help me become one of the elves....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used M1 5w-30 for many, many moons now throughout the ownership of many cars. What advantages does GC 0w-30 hold over M1 5w-30? (Besides being green)
smile.gif

I'll take a shot......
Mobil 1 UOA clearly reflects the oil shearing down to a 20 weight rather quickly....GC is a "thicker" 30 weight.....UOA on the GC in various engines reflects outstanding wear numbers and excellent TBN retention......from the performance percpective...0-30 performs much better on the dyno and on the track in my LS1 than Mobil 1 5-30 or 0-40....so apples to apples...the wear numbers and performance makes it an easy choice to go 0-30 over 5-30 Mobil 1.....I would submit a daily driver car would see better MPG due the increased performance if all things are considered......of course the challenge to GC is finding it which is an art form unto itself
smile.gif

Thanks for your thoughts. I must also mention that I'm looking to do 7, 8, or even 10,000 mile OCI's.

There are quite a few AZ's around my neck of the woods so hopefully they stock GC. I think it's worth a shot to try and then get a UOA after my first run.

Greggy,

You cannot become an elf. You have to born that way. Plastic surgury may help you to look like one but in the end you would still be too tall.

97, I asked for recommendations in the Engine Oil forum on viscosities that would be right for my Taurus in Michigan. One gentleman suggested GC so I thought I would give it a shot if it's proven to be a better oil than M1 through the UOA's. I just wanted some opinions from the elves themselves.
wink.gif

Greggy_D,

As the Elfemiester AND a guy who has GC in a 95 Taurus with the Vulcan engine, I have a secret for you about GC (come over here so I don't have to speak too loudly): U_S_E___I_T_!_!_!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
just in case: GC is really not made by elves
wink.gif

What you said was not a wise thing to say...

Elves are quite benevolent
And gen-er-ally kind
But dissing their prize Elixer
Warrants a boot in the behind (those curly-toed shoes are not to be taken lightly)

...sorry that is just the way it is.
dunno.gif

[ March 27, 2005, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Mobil 1 UOA clearly reflects the oil shearing down to a 20 weight rather quickly

M1 SS 5w-30 never shears down. That was the old Trisynthetic.
smile.gif
GC is a better oil though. The M1 EP might be the way to go if you can't find GC.

Scheisse!
Now I have to sit near the window all night to see if there are any greenish movements near my T-bird, trying to trash the car and the MC oil that's in it (whipsers: which made my 4.6L quieter than the Wundergruen
shocked.gif
)...
perhaps I can sing some bavarian folksongs in the green language while I'm at it.

quote:

Scheisse!
Now I have to sit near the window all night to see if there are any greenish movements near my T-bird, trying to trash the car and the MC oil that's in it (whipsers: which made my 4.6L quieter than the Wundergruen
shocked.gif
)...
perhaps I can sing some bavarian folksongs in the green language while I'm at it.

Sucking up will probably not work, but if you were to sing a Bavarian Folk song praising the benefits of the Elixer......well, who knows (even though the Black Forest is not in Bavaria
grin.gif
)

quote:

Originally posted by B00SS:

quote:

just in case: GC is really not made by elves
wink.gif

Monitor all future posts. I'm not certain what his motives for this statement may be. Place him on the "watch list."

Trust me B00SS, he is; oh yes, he is. (The Elves are not swayed by the fact that he has learned the language of the Elixer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back