M05 is in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
frown.gif
That's pretty rough man.
nono.gif
@ Walmart for stocking up on that fake stuff....

Don't blame Walmart, they don't know what they are getting. This ticks me off that Castrol is pulling another fast one on unsuspecting customers! This oil is definitely not made in Germany, so why do they bottle it in the same stuff as the real green German stuff??

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Don't blame Walmart, they don't know what they are getting. This ticks me off that Castrol is pulling another fast one on unsuspecting customers! This oil is definitely not made in Germany, so why do they bottle it in the same stuff as the real green German stuff??

How do we know that it is not made in Germany? They may have switched the formulation, at least temporarily, but how do we know?? Dye is just dye, right?

Well even if it is made in Germany, and turns out to be the other 0w30 formula they've got, they are still lying since that thinner version does not meet ACEA A3. So either way, Castrol is lying by bottling this stuff in the same bottles as the good stuff.

Let's get a voa maybe. They could have just changed dye color. I can't believe they would label an A5 as A3. I bet it does meet the specs. listed, whatever it is.

I know this is confusing and a bummer for me, too. Uncertain times.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
Let's get a voa maybe. They could have just changed dye color. I can't believe they would label an A5 as A3. I bet it does meet the specs. listed, whatever it is. Could even be some Group III. Scary thought.
lol.gif

I know this is confusing and a bummer for me, too. Uncertain times.

I sent Stinky a bottle of the 05 GC on Thursday.
I didn't open it to check on the color, but I asked him to check when he analyzed it. I imagine we will know the results by the end of next week.
smile.gif

What we need is a VOA(and eventually UOAs)of the new M05 stuff before we pass verdict.

Castrol does mention changes in color and odor in their Syntec line from time to time on the back label...and it states inside the red lined box:

"As the technology leader, Castrol continually improves performance through product innovation. This may result in color/odor variations from time to time."

For me irregardless of the brown(or "gold") color and smell, a VOA for now would alleviate some doubts on the virtues of this new '05 edition.

[ March 26, 2005, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

I spotted some M05 GC in Walmart this morning! Bad news though, it's definitely not the same formula as M02-04! It's not green, and does not have the same smell. I sure hope the counterfeit GC doesn't end up being the only one we get up here now. I may need to go out and stock up on all the M04 stuff I can find now.

Alright everyone...just...calm...down. I believe everything is going to be OK...the best explanation I have heard is that there was a delay in getting the import in so Castrol used some local brew. But even if that IS true, let's don't jump to conclusions.

I'm not taking any chances, so I'm going to start bulking up my supply of the good GC!

I stopped off at a Walmart on my way to work and cleaned out all the M04 supply they had. There were only 10L of it though. They had 5L of the brown M0502 stuff there. This weekend I'll try a couple of other Walmarts too. And maybe a few Canadian Tire stores too. No M04 GC is safe in my town.
smile.gif

I'm now up to 76L, the biggest stash I've had yet. I don't have any idea where I'm going to put the newest stuff I got though, my shrine is already packed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back