So wait a second...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they have moved to one of the two other SLX formulas...either Longlife II or LongTec (DCO Topup). If I had to guess, since I have looked at the relative specs and since I think LongTec is still green, I would guess Longlife II. TooSlick says it is thinner which fits what DoubleDee said about the 05 batch he got. I'm reaching here but it is a logical possibility.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
I'm thinking they have moved to one of the two other SLX formulas...either Longlife II or LongTec (DCO Topup). If I had to guess, since I have looked at the relative specs and since I think LongTec is still green, I would guess Longlife II. TooSlick says it is thinner which fits what DoubleDee said about the 05 batch he got. I'm reaching here but it is a logical possibility.

Will the elves be dressing in red outfits now?
freak2.gif

The Elves have asked me to remind everyone that being Green involves MORE than the color of an oil...it is a tribological state of mind, a frame of reference that concocts an Elixer so superior that it bursts the restraints of being considered merely a lubricant and becomes a sociological and philosophical phenomenon...SO...regardless of the color, if it contains Elvin magic from the Black Forest, the soul of an oil can still be Green. Mobil, Shell (includes Pennzoil and Quaker State), Redline, Amsoil, Motul and others obviously make some outstanding lubricants...but alas they don't have magic and they don't have soul. (I think Motul and Fuchs come close.)

I must admit the luminescent color of The Green,
Gives one a special feeling that is grounded in the sheen.
But one must still remember that no matter what the hue,
If in its soul it's SLX, an oil is truly GC too!

How do I know if the GC is the 04 or 05 Red/Brown stuff? Have you guys found out if its the same forumla?

Thanks

quote:

If this is true then GC as we know is gone
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Alan:

quote:

If this is true then GC as we know is gone
frown.gif

Alan,

Don't panic!
shocked.gif
Be cool.
cool.gif
What we need to find out is what the ACEA ratings are on the 05 batches. TooSlick tells me that Longlife II is A5/B5 GF-4 with an HT/HS of 3.0-3.2 which would not match with the current GC fomula and ratings and would put the oil in a different usage bracket. We need to find out what the ratings are. I've looked for 05 here in the Springs but am finding only 04 except for some surprise 03 (haven't seen THAT in a while).

PS
offtopic.gif
TooSlick, EMPTY YOUR MAILBOX!!!
blush.gif
(Sorry for shouting.)
grin.gif
Can't PM you.

Yeah,whoever has the "downlow" on this newer 05 stuff cough it up!

Try any Cincinnati AZ for '05 GC. I just bought five quarts without looking at the numbers on the bottom, thinking I had the "good stuff." Turns out, they have M0504 as the first letter and numbers on the bottom. Maybe they used 50% of each year's formula? Yeah, right!

I'll use four quarts in July to replace the Saab 0W30 full synthetic turbo oil in my normally aspirated Infiniti I30 (3.0L V6). Anyone have any experience with GC in a Nissan 3.0L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back