GC Crisis Developing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some recent threads have indicated some members have picked up GC at $1/quart. I went to AutoZone yesterday and it was $3.99/quart. I went to another AutoZone today and I saw some little green men (Elves?) shaking their heads. They refused to talk to me.
spaz.gif
This AutoZone had no GC on the shelves. I had a clerk check in the back but they were out. I went to another AutoZone an it was $3.99/quart.

What is going on? Is Castrol about the pull the plug?
dunno.gif

I don't think that the 0W-30 weight is or will be popular in the US because very few vehicles recommend it. The vast majority of vehicles here call for either 5W-20 or 5W-30. We know that a 0W-30 is totally appropriate for applications which call for 5W-30, but the oil buying public does not know that.

Notice that Mobil recently switched it's Mobil-1 marketing from 0W-20 to 5W-20.

Also, with the Euro at over $1.30 each it makes very little economic sense to import German made motor oil into the US.

John

quote:

Originally posted by jthorner:
We know that a 0W-30 is totally appropriate for applications which call for 5W-30, but the oil buying public does not know that.

Nor do they want to pay the significant price increase...

If GC trans-atlatic supply chain is killed by the Castrol white collars all is not lost.

It is fortunate that Mobil offers Delvac 1 the Truck & SUV formula.

If a shut down occurs we still have an excellent default oil avail at wally-world to rely on.

However its not Green and made in Duetchland
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
However its not Green and made in Duetchland
frown.gif

A tragedy indeed, though only a few will recognize its significance.
frown.gif

If the Elves are indeed shut out by BP
From sending Elixer to the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free
In a few, sad thoughts this action will spawn
But too few will realize what they've lost 'til its gone

[ February 07, 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back