What does GC stand for?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a newbie, I see references to GC oil all over, but I am not sure what it stands for...I am guessing it stands for German Castrol, but is that the same Castrol available in the US???

Thanks in advance....
confused.gif

welcome.gif

GC stands for German Castrol. Its the red lettered Syntec 0W-30 that says Made in Germany on the back of the bottle. There is a North American version with yellow lettering. Only available at Autozone in the U.S.

welcome.gif

Well the short answer is in the "BIOTG Acronyms" thread pegged to the top of this and other forums, which says:
quote:

GC German Castrol

It is a Castrol 0w30 grade synthetic motor oil that says "Made in Germany" on the back, is hard to find, and is coveted by many at BIOTG. In fact an entire cult has formed around it involving mystical green elves. The stuff is supposed by some (and very well may be) better than Mobil 1. It is green and smells like gummy bears and you engine will love you for it--if you can find it. When you go to AutoZone and see a lot of Castrol turned backward on the shelf, you will know that a BIOTG'er has been rifling through the stock looking for the wonderous GC. There is a whole lot more to know by searching, such as used and virgin oil analysis, a new study of its real makeup that some are buying into (very expensive type analysis), and even photographs of the bottle with the "Made in Germany" or "Product of Germany" or whatever it says.

quote:

Originally posted by zogvette:
As a newbie, I see references to GC oil all over, but I am not sure what it stands for...I am guessing it stands for German Castrol, but is that the same Castrol available in the US???

Thanks in advance....
confused.gif

BITOG SEARCH
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back