What if there was no more GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I would love to try the 0w40 Castrol if it were here! I'm betting that it's very similar to GC 0w30. It's not that far off in viscosity either, being 12.9 cst at 100c, versus 12.2 for GC.

It is over here...I posted using it last year...available at local BMW dealer for $16/L....used for knocking valvetrain on BMW's over 100k mi. on A3 5-30 (as per TSB)
wink.gif

No big deal though...I'm back to Syntec 5-50.

[ February 17, 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Dr. T ]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I would love to try the 0w40 Castrol if it were here! I'm betting that it's very similar to GC 0w30. It's not that far off in viscosity either, being 12.9 cst at 100c, versus 12.2 for GC.

It is over here...I posted using it last year...available at local BMW dealer for $16/L....used for knocking valvetrain on BMW's over 100k mi. on A3 5-30 (as per TSB)
wink.gif

No big deal though...I'm back to Syntec 5-50.

For $16 per liter, it might as well not even be here though, I'll never pay that price for oil.

I currently have 19 Buy Three Get Three Free coupons for Mobil 1 at Pep Boys. I'm pretty sure I'm covered for awhile.
smile.gif
$2.47/qt isn't too bad of a price.

However, I am checking my local AutoZone stores for this cheap GC stuff I keep reading about.

I hate to be wishey-washey on this, but it looks (as of this date: 2/18) like some re-done store shelves include 0w-30 Syntec.
grin.gif
A database search at the store revealed Mobil 1 0w-40 will remain too.

I suppose I would go with the following:

Amsoil S2K 0W-30
Mobil 1 0W-40
Castrol Syntec 5W-40
M1 SUV 5W-40
Schaeffer's 5W-30

quote:

Originally posted by 74 Laguna:
I really do not think it would happen but if for some reason GC was no longer for sale in the U.S. and you did not have any in your stash, what oil would you use?

NONE. That would mean that the world has come to an end.

crushedcar.gif

Perish the thought.
pat.gif

This past weekend I was in my local AZ (200 miles away). I purchased the last 5 cases of 04 GC. The AZ manager knew what I was doing and told me that his supplier is out of Chicago. He said that the Chicago AZ warehouse has about a month supply of the 04 GC, then there will be nothing but 05 being supplied thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back