Redline MT-90 Manual Transmission Fluid, 25K miles, Integra GSR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only item that concerns me here is the lead.
dunno.gif

Blackstone incorrectly noted that the viscosity thickened yet it actually sheared slightly. The MT-90 fluid (which is thicker then the MTL) starts at 14.6 Cst and ended up around 13.2 at the change.

I changed the Honda fluid at 15K to this and again used MT-90, which I believe now starts out at 15.6, based on Redlines new data sheet.

I did have some occasions where I missed a gear probably 10-20 times for the duration of the intevral. Could this contribute to the lead spike? Either way, considering the Honda fluid sheared to HALF its weight in only 20K miles in another Integra, Redline is the only choice.
smile.gif

-

At least they were honest that they don't see this type of fluid much.
dunno.gif

"considering the Honda fluid sheared to HALF its weight in only 20K miles in another Integra, Red Line is the only choice."

Nope, if it were my GSR, I'd use Specialty Formulations MTL-P ... or if you are worried about thickness, their MTL-R.
wink.gif

--- Bror Jace

RC,

I have to agree with Blackstone, The lead must be from the factory fill and they must have used a lead compound for run-in. RL could be cleaning the lead residue. I am not aware of any lead components in this tranny.

The amount of shear-down is about right for a synthetic fluid.

Has anyone cosidered that Hondas lub choice starts out at a fairly high viscosity and that during a recomended drain interval that the lub goes through the "ideal" viscosity rainge for this transmission. Maybe the trans likes a 10Cp best so their lub starts out at 15Cp and at change time it's 7Cp or so. That way the trans sees the IDEAL Cp for the longest period of time. ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back