Amsoil Price Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price of Amsoil has gone up approx $1.00/qt in the past year. If you're changing it annually, that's about $6.00/yr, figuring on some oil consumption. If you're being extremely conservative and changing it every six months, that's $12.00/yr.
Compared to the price increase in gasoline and diesel fuel, ie hundreds of dollars a year, it's hardly something to get excited about.

In terms of being able to consistently run very long service intervals, I think Amsoil is still the best stuff out there. Finally, if you price the Mobil 1/EP anywhere but Walmart, it's very comparable to the Amsoil 5w-30/10w-30/10w-40 in price.

Depends on how you look at it. Yup $12 is not much if you do it every 6 month. Then again that is about 70 - 80% of a new oil change (oil only) using there ASL.

If your engine is not hard on the oil yes, amsoil with its long(er) drains is worth it. That being said, in my engine, it is not the best stuff out there. I do not know how I could use the word best here since I have not compared it to every oil out there.

All this coming from a person that has used it [amsoil] since 1991. It is good but I have had WAY better wear reductions, low OXD etc using LC20 then Amsoil could ever have.

quote:

All this coming from a person that has used it [amsoil] since 1991. It is good but I have had WAY better wear reductions, low OXD etc using LC20 then Amsoil could ever have.

I was following you, respecting your sometimes hard to read posts, almost believing you. Now I'll step in and say - WHAT? and Prove it! Let me see the data. I used LC for 3 years. Did nothing, I've looked at a LOT of UOA's and say maybe, just maybe LC kept oil on the thin side, perhaps via oxidation reduction (speculation), but certainly have seen no statistical change in wear metals and anecdotally have seen a increase in wear. As for oxidation numbers really no data there.

Oh Pablo.
Did nothing…Then you did not follow direction, do not test correctly or you can’t read UOA! LOL

The dreaded if no one likes amsoil…Amsoil is not the best hands down…oil is good, very good but not the best…sorry

Again LC20 really makes amsoil much better. After 15 years of using amsoil, lc20 makes it able to do what amsoil states it can do alone.

That being stated, you said “I've looked at a LOT of UOA's and say maybe, just maybe LC kept oil on the thin side, perhaps via oxidation reduction (speculation)”. A lot of speculation you posted and you have the test numbers in front of you?

I posted on it before but…..

Anything Negative means gone down or is what you LIKE or want. It (-) is a good thing. It is being compared to oil (Amsoil ASL- past tests) running nothing.

Iron Dropped: (-)54.54%....(-) 16%
Lead:(-) 59%...(-) 10%
Copper: (-)54.54%...(-)37%
Tin: 0%...(-) 100%..same
Alu: 0%...(-) 50%..same
Nickel: 0%..0%
Silicon: (-) 1%...UP 29% (expect that due to RTV on valve cover)
Boron: (UP) 5%...(-) 100%
Sodium: (-) 100%....(-) 100%
Magnesium: (UP) 2%...UP 7.8%
Cal: (-) 29.2%.......UP 8.2%
Phos: (-) 11.9%...(-)3.39
Zinc: (-) 8.29%...(-)6.24%
Moly: 0%...0%
Titanium: 0%
Vanadium: 0%
potassium: 0%
Viscosity @ 100 C: (-) 39.9271%....(-)15.53
TBN:(-) 26.49%....(-)26.04%
OXD:(-) 45.83%...(-)35%
NOX:(-) 38.23%..(-) 35.29%

All these are in my engine, that eats amsoil up pretty good.

So I do like Amsoil but LC20 in the oil makes it able to achieve better results then running amsoil alone. The more I learn about of items on this forum, the more and more I find myself going in the opposite direction of the dreaded MLM hype and "$40 per year dealers".

I will post it tonight, at work, but the sad part is going down by % is still going DOWN. Either it is 20 ppm of AL to 10 ppm or 50% reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back