Musicians, let's see your instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my Gibson Gospel Reissue. It sounds unique and better than any Martin, Taylor, or whatever that I've ever heard. 12 years old now and sounds better every day.
Solid Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany sides and back. The back has a bowl shape to it, somewhat like a cello, giving it awesome low end and midrange.

-

grin.gif

I play only by ear, mostly just for fun..
These are what I have:

Washburn x50: I'm no expert, but I like it)
 -

coupled with the Danelectro FAB distortion pedal:
 -

I don't have a pic of my amp (an old Rogue CG 20. it's a 20watt), it's nothing special, but with the Danelectro dist pedal really comes alive...

wifey's Epiphone acoustic:
 -

( wifey also has a an upright piano, saxophone, and violin, but she hardly ever plays anymore, ...too busy at school etc. I play the washburn and the acoustic pretty often...

My birthday being tomarrow(the 14th) I purchased this as an early birthday present:

-

Ive had it for a couple of weeks, I really like it, nice tone, great neck...love the new frets.

This is replacing an Ibenez my parents bought me over 20 years ago, that was in dire need of a fret job and some new electronics.

Im not too serious about playing, I can play, but do it more as a hobbie, relaxation kind of meditation...kinda hard to think about anything else while strummin.

I have a bunch of Strats and P-basses but I like to play this one the most:

dscn0263ab6.jpg

It's a USA made Fender Precision Bass Special (P body/J neck) in yellow (Fender calls it "vintage white") with the gold anodized aluminum pickguard. I replaced the P/J pickups with gold Fender Lace Sensors and the bridge is a Leo Quan Bada$$ II. I run nylon wrapped flatwounds (for fretless basses) to give it a warm, almost muddy growl.

Real nice stuff so far guys, cool idea for a thread. Here are 2 of my guitars.
DCP_7587.jpg

Thats my baby, a 1998 Talyor 910, with the cindy inlay.
DCP_7588.jpg

Thats a Santa Cruz OM

I also have a Santa Cruz D, a Gibson Chet Atkins SST, with a wester red Cedear top. A 1960's Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean in mint condition. and a Kramer Beretta (custom painted), and Kramer ferrington.

This is my baby, I stained and assembled it. I put the pieces together that i wanted and it sounds just like i wanted. I realized i don't have pics of my entire kit! I play for a ________ band.
newsnare1.jpg

I don't play but I work for Ernie Ball / Music Man and this is Steve Morse's Guitar. It's a "Steve Morse" model with a quilted maple top and purple burst paint.
It is my photo though.

Y2d.jpg

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I was so excited about my new Strat that arrived today. It's a Fender American Stratocaster Hard Tail in sunburst with maple neck. I changed the pickguard to a gold anodized aluminum one and put on aged white parts to match. OMG she plays like a dream!

dscn0744dh8.jpg

here are some "real" pics of my gear now:

x-50 fretboard and Danelectro fab distortion:
washx-50001.jpg

x-50 (dusty!!!) with amp:
washx-50002.jpg

hardware and cable:
washx-50003.jpg

the Danelectro FAB distortion....
washx-50007.jpg

...which makes this #@$%! Rogue CG20 amp a different animal:
washx-50009.jpg