Tread Squirm or Thin Side Walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miopic marketing if you ask me. I'll never recommend or buy another Falken product. Anyone who asks me, I tell them the 512s are better suited for tree swings or tire burning demonstrations, and while I'm at it, I'll never again follow tire recommendations by Consumer Reports (the Dunlop A2 D60 JLB recommendations is another topic of its own).

AJ, the good news is that you have about 25000 to 30000 Km left... Just think that the RSX will feel like a new car then!

aj, if it were me and the tires were just plain out unbearable, I'd try to sell them to a local tire place or through local internet exchange boards like craigslist.com. You may get half your money back.

ccs2k1, does Falken actually claim it's a UHPAS tire? On their website I only found "M+S rated all season performance" which is just some marketing phrase that means little to me.

As I replied to Nick29 in this thread, check out the link below to the 512's specs. At the very bottom you can see that "UHP" (55 and lower series) are rated 360 treadwear, traction A and temp A.

http://www.falkentire.com/tires_512_sizes.htm

Also, go to any online tire place that sells Falken, like discountires or 1010tires, and look up the A/S UHP category and the 512s are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back