Do some places take tires in trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried going back to where I got my HydroEdges(Town Fair) but if I run into a hassle there I'm going to try some other places....these HydroEdges are loud and make every noise under the sun...I didn't think it would bother me as much as it would but it does.

I was 50/50 on buying the Exalto A/S when I got the Edges and it looks like I made the wrong choice
frown.gif
I saw tonight that Sears has an instant rebate of 50 dollars if you buy 4 Exalto's...I think I went with the Edges due to their 80K tread life but I don't think I could live with these tires for that long!

So has anyone traded fairly new tires in towards new ones? I know it is like trading in a new car(you'll get killed $$ wise) but sometimes ya gotta bite the bullet.

I'd rather spend the $$ and get a tire that doesn't make it sound like I'm driving a Jeep with oversized muddders. I'll probably only get 2 years if I'm lucky out of them due to my miles I drive but so be it. Life's too short to be unhappy
smile.gif

Of course maybe Town Fair will help me out some way also

Goose
patriot.gif

There is a market for used tires with reasonable tread on them. However, I think you can only expect to get a reasonably high credit if your trade in tires are take offs from a new vehicle with under 100 miles on them.

Tires can be expensive to ship if sold on eBay. However, I have gotten some bargains there if the seller is not too far away.

Small Tire shops that may buy tires re-sell them to folks on limited budgets, or to small business commercial users who are looking for a bargain.

Stores like Sears are too "big time" for that kind of trade.

Trade-ins are real limited anymore. Firestones and Goodyears used to accept them. That was 7-15 years ago. I don't think they do anymore. Check your yellow pages. If you live in a large city, there may be places who buy them. I've also done this. They won't give much, but it's better than nothing. I've also sold on e-bay. You won't get much there either, and shipping is a real PITA.

Yeah..I'm thinking it also..I think I've read about people getting some $$ for their tires if they don't like the OEM ones but maybe that is just on new cars.

Oh well...maybe they just need a good balance...can sounds be caused by a improperly balance tire?

Goose
patriot.gif

We just traded in a set of Cooper Discoverer H/T tires that had less than 4,000 miles on them at Discount Tire here in Colorado. They gave us $56.00 per tire. At first they offered $50.00 per tire but when I showed them the paper from Firestone that offered $56.00, they matched it. They sold the tires the next day.

I drove my new Honda right from the dealer to the Firestone store and traded the crappy FR680s for LH30s. Cost me about $130.00 as they gave me full credit for the original tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back