Inflating tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
Im doing the same thing as Bottgers. I have the 12V electric Campbell Hausfield pump from Walmart. I liked it so much I got my girlfriend one who is not strong and has successfully used it to reinflate her tires when stranded by a slow-leak flat tire twice! Such a good investment, takes up little room too.

I purchased one (which includes a good, powerful flashlight) on-line directly from Campbell-Hausfeld, a factory refurbished unit made for the Home Depot "Husky" brand, for all of $10.00. Works great. Because the handling/shipping cost for ordering from Campbell-Hausfeld is fixed, I distributed the charge by purchasing a Campbell-Hausfeld Sport digital tire guage with integrated LED flashlight in the same order. (The tire gauge is priced at $11.06).

I also have one of those C/H compressors. I bought it only because it's super small so I can throw it in the saddlebag of my bike when I'm taking a trip just in case of a flat. I absolutely would not use it on a daily basis.

Heres a nice compressor:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.oldhouseweb.com/stories/bitmaps/13086/compressor1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/13086.shtml&h=326&w =250&sz=11&hl=en&start=6&tbnid=7zzgKcd8w4gI4M:&tbnh=118&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPANCAKE%2BAIR%2BCOMPRESSOR%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Hope that came across. Campbell Hausfeld makes alot of good products for air. They also have a nice digital air guage, with a light, that measures in 1/2 pound increments. I never liked those pencil air guages, although years back thats what I used. I splurged a little to get a good guage, and I adjust all tires to the half pound.

I refuse also to pay the $0.50 especially for air full of water.

I have found the gold mine for "free air" are tire shops when open and actually car washes sometimes have a tap. The car wash has it since they use compressed air to operate the valves on their automated equipment.

I bought a Cambell hausfield pancake 4 gallon 3 HP at Home Depot for ~ $100. The $100 included an air hose a several fittings. I don't car for very small compressors as I use mine for many things like a 3/8" impact wrench, blow gun, tire filler. If your so inclined it is sutable for an air driven stapler and other light duty homeowner tools. Tiny compressors are only good for filling tires and kids toys. JMO

i have a small 10 gallon twin tank compressor i got from harbor freight for $90. its a knock off of a ch, or makita compressor. ive had it for years now, and used it for everything from inflating tyres, to painting a boat, impact gun, i even did some stucco repainting with it.

i change the oil once a year, and theres very little glitter, so i get the feeling this thing is going to alst a good while.

I have good luck with a Bell bicycle pump. About 10-12 pumps to raise a car tire 2 to 3 PSI. Also works great on my motorcycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back