GY Comforttreds vs Michelin HydroEdge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update....got the Comfys put on about a week and a half ago....I know I've jumped all over this forum with this discussion but I'm not all that impressed with the tires...for one I've needed to have them balanced 3 times so far...the last time the y were roadforce balanced (40 out of my pocket) and it did improve the ride...to a poin...kkat was right in that not to expect the smooth ride I would get in a bigger car.....tires are semi quiet and take bumps decent however the ride is still pretty jittery...not what I expect for new tires.....

I was all set to trade on the Tripletreds but after getting off the horn with Goodyear today they said not to get the Trips if I have hubs as the rim flange will interfere with the hubs so those are out.

I may take a flyer with HydroEdges although they are only a T rating...**** should not be so tough I suppose

Ok...took that flyer and swapped out the Comfys for the Hydroedges......wow what a difference! Let's just say this...the Comfortreds are WAY quieter and smoother. The Edges make a rumble on anything over than perfect new pavement and ride a little rougher..............................BUT the handling is night and day....

Edges make me feel much more secure and connected to the road even with the T rating....we had about 6 inches of fresh snow this moring and I had ZERO problems of getting out of the unplowed parking lot I was in. So the tires passed a crucial right there

Bottom line, the Edge is a great tire for my car and so glad I went with them. Not quite the comfort or the ride of the Goodyear but a MUCH better tire overall.

Goose
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back