Good place to buy tires in S. Central PA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to use TireRack, use the 'Installer Search' feature. Searches by Zipcode for a 'recommended installer'. That should give you a reference for someone locally

I asked for experiences with local installers, not who they were. I can look that up in the phone book.
rolleyes.gif

I have already looked at TireRack's list of installers and I have no experience with any of the places they recommend. I also don't know yet if I even WANT to go with TireRack as I have no experience with their repair/replacement warranty.

Sears and NTB are the only 2 I have dealt with, and since NTB got bought out by Kings, their prices have really gone up for anything other than a basic install-and-forget service.

I was hoping that someone on here lived in the area and had some experience with any of the local installers.
dunno.gif

The two most notable from TireRack's website are Nello Tire and Goodyear Tire. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about these two?

Try discount tire direct (tires.com) Best price I could find, free s/h (also $50 rebate on my yokos), and if you get the warranty (mine was $7/tire) they send you a brand new tire if you have any problems with it during the life of the tire. You don't have to send your bad tire back in. Just take it to any local tire shop for installation, or walmart if you trust they can balance a tire.

The tire shop that I had install my tires, couldn't come close to matching the price online.

I am lookin gfor some new tires to get me through the winter, since mine are approaching the wear bars now.

I've looked at the selections at NTB and Costco, and am not impressed that they only carry 5-6 brands (mostly no-name economy tires that I never heard of before) in my size: 195-60R14

I was looking at Tire Rack, but don't know where I would go to get them installed or flat-repaired and I don't think I like their road-hazard replacement policy (buy replacement tire, send paperwork in and wait *** knows how long for approval and check in the mail?)

Anyone living in the area, I would appreciate your experiences.

Thanks.

I lived in Shippensburg for several years. If I had to buy a tire down there, I would probably by a name brand tire from Walmart... I think the walmart carlisle has a service center. If not there then I would go to Sears. I hate walmart, but they offer life time balancing and rotation, and their prices are competitive.

If you want to travel up north to mechanicsburg then I would go with Shepps auto cntr. the owner always seemed like a nice guy and not someone who was going to rip u off. He didn't mind me bringing in my own part for him to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back