General Tire Exclaim UHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if this is a good tire?

The General Tire Exclaim UHP is an Ultra High Performance Summer tire that was developed for the drivers of sports cars, coupes and sedans. While branded with the "M+S" symbol, the Exclaim UHP was designed to emphasize traction, handling and control in dry and wet road conditions. The Exclaim UHP is only intended to be driven in occasional, very light snow.

The Exclaim UHP uses a 2nd generation, ultra high performance silica compound molded into a directional tread design that features wide, solid shoulder tread blocks and a high-tech contour to combine responsive handling with dry traction. Its Double-V directional tread pattern enhances wet performance. Together, the tread compound and design help sweep water away from between the tire’s contact patch and the road to improve wet grip (earning the highest "AA" UTQG Traction Rating) while reducing the possibility of hydroplaning.

Internally, the Exclaim UHP’s casing and twin steel belts deliver responsive handling and cornering stability. The steel belts are reinforced with spiral-wound jointless nylon to provide cornering stability and high-speed durability.

Exclaim UHP tires feature subtle black letters reversed out of a serrated band and include a protective "rim recess" on their lower sidewalls to help protect the wheels from curb damage.

I looked at this tire when I was searching for tires for our '02 Mustang GT, daily driver. I finally settled on a set of AVON Tech M550 A/S in the 245/45/17 size. They have the rim protectors, look, handle, and ride better than the Goodyear Gatorbacks that came on the vehicle new. The only negative comment I have, and I'm not hung up on it actually, is after setting a day or two, they will flat spot a little. However, after a mile or two they straighten out. I ordered mine from Tire Rack, a first for me, and had them installed by one of their authorized installers located not 5 miles from my house. UPS delivered them right to the installer's shop door. My intent was to find a middle of the road tire, for a middle of the road price, for a daily driven vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back