Michelin LTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the Michelin XCX APT's (similar to the LTX AT) on my Jeep Cherokee.

My honest opinion: If you are looking for a quiet, nice riding, and extra long wearing tire, these are a good choice.

If you are looking for excellent wet, snow and ice handling, look elsewhere. I much prefer the Bridgestone Dueler REVO's. On ice, I have been quite unhappy with these tires. Wet and snow are fine, but there are choices that do better.

And they will last forever! I have 40,000+ miles on the set on my Cherokee, and I have 9/32" tread left!

Hi,
I have the LTX M/S's on my 2002 Explorer. I can't say enough about these tires. If you have a Costco warehouse club nearby you can wait until a sale. I picked up my 245-70-16's for around 130 each installed. Killer deal considering the quality of the tire and the long tread wear.

Highly recommended......

My preference is the LTX M/S over the A/S. I've looked at one of our local Costco stores and did not see the LTX M/S, instead I saw the Michelin X Radial LT, which Michelin makes specifically for Costco and other club/warehouse type retailers. The tread design of the the X Radial LT appears to be close to a M/S but not exactly.

quote:

Originally posted by Woody:
My preference is the LTX M/S over the A/S. I've looked at one of our local Costco stores and did not see the LTX M/S, instead I saw the Michelin X Radial LT, which Michelin makes specifically for Costco and other club/warehouse type retailers. The tread design of the the X Radial LT appears to be close to a M/S but not exactly.

My local Costco did not stock the LTX M/S's. I went to the Costco web site and ordered a set to be delivered to the store. Once they were in, the store called me and I went right in a had them installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back