Please help a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 04 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner that came with these rims
 -

only not painted black. I was told these are a 16x7 inch wheel. I just ordered a set of these rims
 -

which I am told are 16x8 inch. Will the tires that came off my 16x7 inch wheels fit on the new 16x8 inch wheels? I'm sorry if this is a no-brainer but I don't speak tire/wheel sizes. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what the size of your tire is even with saving the pic and blowing it up.

This link should take you to the MT/R web page and you can see the recommended rim widths for each size of tire.

http://www.goodyear.ca/goodyeartire...p?prodline=Wrangler+MT/R&mrktarea=Light+Truck

The one inch wider rim would probably work but you might notice some edge wear at what should be normal tire pressures. Just have to up the tire pressure slightly and do a contact patch test on paper to see when the pressure is right.

NICE WHEELS!!!

JD

nice wheels. make sure you got the six lugs.
wink.gif

what width tire are you running currently?

I'm running 32x11.5x15 on my 4runner, but i run a 15x10 wheel (or is it 15x9.5?). An 8" wheel will ideally have a tire that is 225+mm wide (8.8" - 9.25") I think 9.5" wide is the max you would want to run on an 8" wheel, and maybe 8.5" minimum. (You don't want to be too close to 8")

I definatly ordered the 6 lug version
smile.gif
I don't know the width of my current tires, I would measure them but I don't know where on the tire to do the measuring; at the tread, at the widest part, etc...I really don't speak tire lingo. Thanks for all of your help.

Find the size of the tire molded onto the side wall (eg 245/75R16) and match it to the tire in the chart at the goodyear MT/R web page.

The above tire has an approved rim width range of 6.5" - 7.5" and a width of 9.7 inches at the side walls on a 7" rim.

JD

The tires I have are BFG Rugged Trail T/A 265/70R16...because listing tire sizes in easily understood language and measurements would kill people. Tire sizes make as much sense as women's clothing sizes; my girlfriend insists there are size 0 and 00 girl sizes, cause putting things in inches just wouldn't work.

AH - HA Now I understand. Not mounting Goodyears like in the pic but BFG .
pat.gif

P265/70R16 - 265 mm wide at the side wall the side wall height is 70% of the width. R means Radial and it is mounted on a 16 inch diameter rim.

7.0 - 9.0 - - Recommended rim width range

10.7 on 8.0 - - Side wall width in inches when mounted on an 8" rim perfect tire for the new rim width on new rims.
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

30.6 - - overall diameter of the mounted and inflated tire - usually unloaded

10.5 - - Tread depth in 32nd" when new
shocked.gif
Most are 12 or 13/32"

680 - - number of revs per mile at 45 mph (changes due to centrifugal force).

2185@35* - - load per tire at the listed inflation pressure.

T - - OEM size on Yotas only

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/rugged_trail_ta.pdf

cheers.gif

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back