Yokohama Avid TRZ. Anybody tried them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.yokohamatire.ca/en/products/pas.htm#avidtrz

Came across these recently. They seem to be very competitively priced but, because they are just being introduced, there is no feedback yet from places like Tire Rack's customer surveys.

I want to replace the stock, read sh!t, GoodYear Integrity's on my 05 Corolla CE. I also intend to move up to the 195/65-15 size of the S and LE models, up from 185/65-15 (same engine and over all ratios).

I'm shooting for a quiet and comfortable ride, stable handling and steering.

I would have considered the Avid Touring, but they don't make it in the size I want and the TRZ is priced about the same.

Has anybody heard of or tried a set of those Avid TRZ's?

Why 195/65/15 instead of 195/60/15? The stock tire size on my Civic was the same as your Corolla - 185/65/15, and using an online tire calculator I determined that 195/60 was closer to the original diameter of the OEM tire. Just something to consider.

If you can get the Yokos in 195/60, do it for sure. I've got them on my girlfriend's 94 Corolla (185/65/14), and not only were they relatively cheap, but they're quiet, corner fairly well, and they're unstoppable in snow and wet.

quote:

Originally posted by VTEC01EX:
Why 195/65/15 instead of 195/60/15? The stock tire size on my Civic was the same as your Corolla - 185/65/15, and using an online tire calculator I determined that 195/60 was closer to the original diameter of the OEM tire. Just something to consider.

If you can get the Yokos in 195/60, do it for sure. I've got them on my girlfriend's 94 Corolla (185/65/14), and not only were they relatively cheap, but they're quiet, corner fairly well, and they're unstoppable in snow and wet.

Your're right that 195/60-15 is closer to my size at -1%. But as I said, both upper Corolla models (S and LE) come stock with the larger 195/65-15. So clearance won't be an issue. I don't want to go to 60 profile tires. With our bad roads and potholes, I prefer going taller than lower.

Snow traction is not an issue as I have a dedicated set of wheels and winter tires. As long as my 3 season tires are good in the wet, are comfortable, quiet and track well, I'm happy.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back