Hankook Optimo Plus II tires at Pep Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about these? I cannot seem to find them on Hankooks website.

The size I am looking at is 225/50R16, V-speed rated, 60k warranty, all for $87. Sounds like a great price, but I worry that Hankook tires are junk.

Anyone have an opinion / experience to share?

Hankook Sports tires are really great.. but as far as the ones that comes with Kia's, Suzuki Hyundai, there junk. the OEM ones.

I sell Hankook tyres - this tyre is listed as a K102....from my price book -

VENTUS K102 - V/W grade ultra-high performance tyre.Aggressive unidirectional ''V'' shaped lateral groove enhances steering stability as well as lateral drainage,and minimises whirling resistance.Hankooks new silica compound and TCT (trapezoid contour theory) profile technologies is applied to enhance lateral stiffness for better handling on wet and dry roads.

I have no problems with Hankooks,I've got Optimo K406 tyres on my Diamante.

These Optimos are different... they are not a directional tire.
confused.gif

For our market all 50 series tyres are directional or assemetrical - most likely the K406,they are a silica compund,H418 is a non silica Optimo.But obviously our markets are different - over here Hankook are a mid range tyre,certainly comparable to Kumho the other Korean tyre.I find as you start climbing higher in brand names you don't get a lot more tyre,Hankook is a seriously good tyre.

I don't have a K402 in my book,obviously they don't market it in our part of the world.They market tyres depending on the country to a certain extent I suppose - we don't see much snow,but more rain and rough road conditions...plus more tyres are bought on budget rather than performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back