goodyear assurance triple tread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ComforTred's on my Audi A4 and have been very pleased with them. I wanted the TripleTred's, but at the time, they didn't have the size/speed rating I needed.

I put some on my wife's Acura 3.2 TL a few months ago. They are great tires. Very smooth riding and quiet for a borderline performance tire and great handling. I would definitely get them again for any similar application.

I Just put a set on the camry before christmas. They are excellent in the snow and rain.....and very quiet. We really haven't had any dry weather yet, so I can't say how handling is.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
I put some on my wife's Acura 3.2 TL a few months ago. They are great tires. Very smooth riding and quiet for a borderline performance tire and great handling. I would definitely get them again for any similar application.

Is the ride with the TripleTreds as harsh as people describe it?

JeepZJ4.0, The triple treads feel pretty smooth to me. Definitely smoother than the factory Michelins they replaced, maybe not as smooth as a luxo-barge tire, but I don't have anything to compare them with.

quote:

JeepZJ4.0, The triple treads feel pretty smooth to me. Definitely smoother than the factory Michelins they replaced, maybe not as smooth as a luxo-barge tire, but I don't have anything to compare them with.

Awesome. The Avalon came with Michelin MXV4s. i believe TLs come with Michelin Pilots. The Falkens on her Avalon aren't design for the heavy heavy front end of this Toyota.

quote:

Originally posted by JeepZJ4.0:
Awesome. The Avalon came with Michelin MXV4s. i believe TLs come with Michelin Pilots.

Her TL is a 2000, it definitely didn't come with Pilots. I'm pretty sure it was MXV4s. They lasted about 85,000 miles and were decent handling tires, if not outstanding.

quote:

Her TL is a 2000, it definitely didn't come with Pilots. I'm pretty sure it was MXV4s. They lasted about 85,000 miles and were decent handling tires, if not outstanding.

85,000 Miles?! That is the longest that I've heard MXV4s going for. The Avalon chewed them up in 33K

quote:

quote:

85,000 Miles?! That is the longest that I've heard MXV4s going for. The Avalon chewed them up in 33K

I'm not positive they were MXV4's although that looks right. They weren't Pilots. It was also about 60,000 miles of mostly freeway commuting at generally not to high speeds because of traffic.

XS650, I just checked tire rack. You have the exact same tire size and same tire as our avalon, just in a V-rated, opposed to a H rated. Maybe that's why. the V-rated is stiffer so it probably can handle the weight of a FWD car.

quote:

XS650, I just checked tire rack. You have the exact same tire size and same tire as our avalon, just in a V-rated, opposed to a H rated. Maybe that's why. the V-rated is stiffer so it probably can handle the weight of a FWD car.

The tire rating/labeling thing can give you a major headache. It's hard to tell what's what.

So far I have done best using the Tire Rack surveys and picking tires based on a couple of characteristics that mean the most to me. Both had to do with steering response/handling. I recently did real good buying a set of inexpensive slow rated Yokahamas that act a lot more like a performance tire than the econo-luxo-barge S rating they had.

quote:

quote:

Awesome. The Avalon came with Michelin MXV4s. i believe TLs come with Michelin Pilots.

something about lasting 85,000 miles says to me "these can't be that great handling of a tire".

They might be adequate, and comfortable, but i certainly wouldn't want to trust myself to them in a tight corner.
wink.gif

The tires i'm wearing right now are rated as 160AA- most people are getting about 12k out of them.

if they were Pilots you would be the first to get that many miles out of them.

Tires.com has plenty of horror stories on them.

80k???

You sure they were not Michelin Harmony/Agility tires? If it were these no doubt they have ridiculous long tread life characteristics.

Not to doubt you but to see a lowest-bidder factory MN Energy MXV4+ go to 80k ... something is not right.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
80k???

You sure they were not Michelin Harmony/Agility tires? If it were these no doubt they have ridiculous long tread life characteristics.

Not to doubt you but to see a lowest-bidder factory MN Energy MXV4+ go to 80k ... something is not right.

There were several varities of MXV4. The energy and the + are your addition. I just took a look at some online reviews of OE tires. It looks like they last a long time on Honda/Acura but wear out fast on Toyota. Probably made to a different spec. One Honda Accord owner reported over 100k miles. One Avalon owner reperoted less than 30k miles.

OE MXV4 tire reviews

What are your opinions on Big O Tires? They have been ranked the #1 tire chain by JD Power for years. Have your experiences been positive?

They sell a private label line of tires and it would be interesting to solicit opinions about their quality.

Happy Motoring All,

cool.gif

Bugshu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back