Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G051...opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already recommended these to my Sister-in-law for her `98 4wd/4dr Blazer. They would seem to suit her driving habits well(mostly highway)and are highly ranked on Tire Rack's consumer surveys. She also uses the Blazer to tow a small camper, but I think the 108S load rating should be up to the task. I'm hoping to get some opinions from BiTOG members before we place the order. Thanx in advance for your input.

Yokos in general (have no experince with that model or them on truck/SUVs) do fine but get really noisey very quickly in my experience.

Put them on the wife's 2002 Explorer a few months ago. She got to test them in a snow/ice storm this morning. They performed well in the wintery mix. They seem quiet enough on the highway and come with a 60,000 wear warranty. Plus for the price of about $80+/- per tire it's a good deal. She had Michelin's from the factory that were quite good. But replacement costs were around $130/tire
shocked.gif
!

Whimsey

I was very impressed with the new 31x10.5r-15 BFG all terrain 'KO' radials I put onto my ZR2.

The last set lasted 49k, and still had well over half the trewad left. I replaced them because my balljoints were going south, causing funny wear on one, one had a plug from a nail puncture, and they were 7 years old.

The nice thing about the BFG all terrains is that they are a rated 'snow tire' which IMO is nice.

The new KO version has a nice and quiet ride, which is saying a lot for tires of this size in this truck (basically the same as the blazer in question).

They do at first glance seem too aggressive, but they are a high quality tire, and Ive never had an issue with handling, traction, rain, snow, etc on my old ones, and the new ones are rated far higher.

JMH

I have those on my Jeep. I've had them for 23,000 miles. They are gonna last me another 20,000 probably and they are still quiet and grippy. You can't go wrong with the Yokos. I have them in the P235/75R15 size and they are the extra load model with a rating of 108S, just like the ones you are ordering.

Geolanders are fantastic tires, OEM on the Land Cruisers here, their previous offering namely the Mud Diggers were fantastic tires too, far better than the Bridgestone Duelers I have, Duelers are fine on road and mild off road but nowhere near the Geolanders on real off road situation.

I have the Geolander AT/+2's on both of my toyota 4runners, and they're probably the best truck tire i've ever driven on. Impressive grip in all situations, from ice to dry ground.

They wear somewhat faster than my previous sets of tires (stock Goodyears, and some total garbage Michelin MCX/AT's [I will never buy another michelin tire again, after that experience]). The goodyears weren't terrible, but nothing special. The Michelins were so bad that the truck would lose traction at the posted speeds on dry corners. It was basically a terrifying ride, all the time. I put the Geolanders on there, and realized (since i'm not sliding everywhere) that my truck does still have bodyroll.
grin.gif

Yoko makes a great tire, IMO, though many of their models do wear a bit faster. However, with the massive price advantage over some of the other brands, i really don't think it's that disadvantageous.

I think they will be fine on that application, I have heard some folks with larger heavier vehicles complaining about the wear of these tires, if I recollect correctly.

Just installed a set on my Tahoe. They seem to be working out very good as far as traction wet/dry. Don't notice any increase in road noise over OEM tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back