Best All-around All season tire for a small car (corolla) in PA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Just an update... the Kumho 716 HP4s seem to be working well. My wife says they are 100% better in the rain, compared to the well work Integrety tires, and she had no problems getting around in the recent snow. She has about 4000 miles on these so far, with no complaints.

Kuhmos are pretty good price/performance wise. We got the Touring Plus 732 in size 185/65/14 TR for the old 190E over a year ago.

-

Besides being quiet, wear and traction over wet and dry pave is very good. Rated 6 out of 32 for Standard Touring All Season tires at Tire Rack. Warranty is 4.5 stars...a great value for $30/tire when I got 'em. Definitely no complaints here either.
cheers.gif

[ February 02, 2005, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

I agree with Browning. The Nokian line of tires are the only ones that I would expect to have any meaningful snow performance in an all season model.

If you can get them the Goodyear Viva 2 tires are the best all around tire I've ever seen. We had them on my wifes car far over 50,000 miles and they are about half worn. They have great traction and are unstoppable in the snow. I've also used the Viva tourings which should last even longer and are more sporty.

I love the Goodyear Viva line as well, especially for the price, but nothing compares to rain and snow performance in an all-season like the Nokian WR tires I have on now--they are un-friggin-believable. However, they aren't cheap, and they are not a high speed performance tire. But if you are willing to give up some higher speed handling for unbelievable snow, sleet, and rain performance--do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back