suburban tire pressure monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife has an 04 Suburban for work rental, and is halfway into a 2-week rental. (She actually uses its SUV capabilities.) 3 days ago she notes the on-board tire diagnosis thing says LR tire is only 31 psi (the rest were 39ish). I check it with my "good" gauge and it's in the high-30s but pump it up to 42. (sidewall says 44 max.) Today the tire is still holding at 42 but the idiotic system says it's mid-20s, there's a chime dinging and flashing tire light on the dash.
rolleyes.gif

Is this system one that has a gizmo inside the rim, uses ABS wheelspeed, or ?

She has my pressure gauge through the end of the rental if the system ever throws her new doubt.

My opinion of the whole thing, of course, is that it's a hugely complex unreliable nanny that will cause more problems ("I don't need to check my tires- the computer does it") than it solves (morons not checking their tires by hand.)

i wish there was more things like that, not less. i want an onboard oil level monitor for the engine trans and rear end!

because you may have 1 defective tyre sensor doesnt mean you should condem the whole shebang.

I don't mind the monitor... something to play with in traffic... but it should be more reliable than the system it's supposed to keep tabs on. The truck is only like 5 months old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back