Blond Getting Her Car Fixed...Hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was great!

Reminded me of a time when a guy told me not to rotate my tires like it says in the owners manual because that will cause two tires to spin in the opposite direction from what they were spinning. This is a very bad thing because it will cause tire failure.

He said I needed to keep the passenger side tires on the pass side & the driver side tires on that side. It's okay to move them from front to back, just not side to side.

quote:

Originally posted by medic:
That was great!

Reminded me of a time when a guy told me not to rotate my tires like it says in the owners manual because that will cause two tires to spin in the opposite direction from what they were spinning. This is a very bad thing because it will cause tire failure.

Actually, wasn't that true when radials first came out? I'm not even that old, but I remember something like that.

Dave

quote:

He said I needed to keep the passenger side tires on the pass side & the driver side tires on that side. It's okay to move them from front to back, just not side to side.

Actually, the guy was probably correct. Some tires are directional, such as performance tires and traction tires. That is, they are designed to rotate in one direction only. So if you switch them to the other side of the car they will rotate in the wrong direction (think about it). Directional tires have a big "rotation" arrow on the side indicating the proper direction of rotation when driving the car forward.

quote:

Originally posted by medic:
That was great!

The Bridgestone Potenza tires on my Z can only be rotated front to back-not side to side-because they are directional.

Does that no longer apply to radials in general? Can you criss-cross them as we did the old bias-belted donuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back