For Engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A group of blondes in a class at Texas A&M University were given the assignment to measure the height of a flagpole. So they went out to the flagpole with ladders and tape measures, but they fell off the ladders, dropped the tape measures and pencils-the whole thing was just a mess. An engineering student comes along and sees what they're trying to do He walks over, pulls the flagpole out of the ground, lays it flat, measures it from end to end, and then gives the measurement to one of the blondes and walks away. After the engineer had gone, one blonde turned to another and laughed: "Isn't that just like a dumb engineer? We're looking for the height and he gives us the length.

Good one
grin.gif

I guess it would have been asking too much for them to remember high school geometery? A simple compact mirror and a pencil would have gotten the job done too!

I remember being 13 with lots of time on my hands. I was curious to find out the height of a nice evergreen on our property. I held a yardstick straight up, measured it's shadow, and measured the shadow of the tree. Simple ratio calculation gave me the answer.

Seems I was smarter at 13 than the average Texas A&M engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back