Another ridiculous Castrol commercial.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too...I find the commercials very humorous.
Personally, I'm not as offended by advertising as some people and feel that they do have so merit in proving they have a high quality product because if Castrol or any other company is going to advertise like this, and they are going to put their neck on the line, then I'm sure they have made real certain that their product lives up to the advertising standards (if used within the correct OCI for the car, of courese)

have seen both commercials more times than i care to count. i still laugh at the fella asking for napkins
after his lime green neon is hit with "sludge" at a drive-thru. maybe its because i own a neon.

OK, question: the person in the yellow Neon at the drive through ... guy or girl??
confused.gif

The guy and girl in the red Mitsu 3000 look like brother and sister. Whassup wif dat?
shocked.gif

ekpolk, I watch F1 on Speed Channel. During a 2.5 hour broadcast, they'll play a Castrol commercial several times. Plus, I think they play it a lot on the History Channel.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

I just noticed, "You can't see sludge coming..." on the updated Castrol banned on the forum... You knew it was coming!

While we're on commercials, is it a sign of a shifting in our society that Arnold Palmer used to do commercials for motor oil, but I can't see Tiger Woods doing that same thing?

Whenever I see these commercials, all I can think is "I can just feel some BITOG guy scoffing at this out loud from his recliner, his wife on the couch rolling her eyes as he once again makes a speech on the fine points of motor oil." Maybe because this has happened more than once in my own living room????

My fave are the two engines meeting in the street for an Old West style gunfight over the Pennzoil Platinum. One of them pretends to shoot the hat off the poor guy who dropped the quart. I just love old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, what can I say?

Jett Rink in Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back