Havoline 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent VOA of Havoline 10W-30 here:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000168#000000

As noted elsewhere in the thread, Supertech 10W-30 SL has a pretty similar ad package!
grin.gif

I would think that you could safely stretch your OCI to 6 mos/4,500 miles or so with this oil, but a UOA for peace of mind might be in order.

quote:

Originally posted by ncirish:
Ok I did it. I switched from my usual Valvoline All Climate to the Havoline motor oil (no Chevron in this area).

1) how long before next change (3k has been my norm)?
2) any interesting additives in this oil?
3) where can i find the PDS and interpret it?

This site has been fun and informative, hopefully I can contribute someday!!
cheers.gif

1. Both of these are comparable dino oils. I could not give one an edge over the other as far as drain intervals. Havoline has a higher TBN, but TBN drop-off is not always linear. So absolute values aren't 100% indication of superiority.

2. Check out the VOA section on this site! Havoline has Boron and Moly, while Valvoline does not, but has higher levels of ZDDP. Expect re-formulations to be on-going for awhile though.

3. Do a search, and check out the Chevron/Texaco website. Data Sheets are there. Also check out the UOA'S and VOA's here.

Ok I did it. I switched from my usual Valvoline All Climate to the Havoline motor oil (no Chevron in this area).

1) how long before next change (3k has been my norm)?
2) any interesting additives in this oil?
3) where can i find the PDS and interpret it?

This site has been fun and informative, hopefully I can contribute someday!!
cheers.gif

I agree with Mike. My OCI with Hav 10/30 is 4500 miles and the head looks spotless inside the fill tube. I do have 25% Havoline synthetic in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back