Nizzan 1984 Z24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but...

I'm helping some friends rebuild a 1984 Nissan Z24 4-cyl. This is the first engine they have done before, and the first Nissan I have done.

They are building it in free time, and I'm there to work on it when I have my free time. But, times don't always over-lap.

Unfortunentally, they decided to put the pistons in while I was away. I showed them how to ring them correctly, but they pounded them in after I left.

When I got back, I paid no mind and put the head on. Since then, the motor has been all but entirely short-blocked.

I went to adjust the valves (new cam also) and put cyl 1 to TDC. They asked why I was starting with 4 at TDC...

Huh?

Yup. They put the pistons in bassackwards.

From front 4-3-2-1 instead of 1-2-3-4. All of their bearing caps and everything are on the correct rods, but each slug is in the wrong spot..

So, Do we tear down the entire block again to fix it, or should this be alright?

Too late to worry about it now..

the engine is back in the truck..

Although the dip***** did not lable a SINGLE THING when he pulled the motor..

Been chasing vacuum lines and connections for about a week now.. still not ready to start it.

www.upgrademotoring.com/clearance/performance.htm
scroll down and there's an old (New old stock) Mikuni Naps-z camshaft for $95.

shouldn't matter with the pistons other than they might have been in 180 degrees off.

try looking for a Datsun or Nissan forum.
There's even pick-up forums out there.

And i hope you checked the headbolt holes for cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back