Joe Gibbs Racing oil - any exp

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's late and I'm just surfing....and I have weekend warrior car experience....but I do wonder in a non-detergent oil like this, if running Auto-RX as a cleaner and an encapsulator in either a maintenance dose or some higher dose would give the best of both worlds...

Terry may have some insight into this...

Chuck

not a VOA or UOA on the Joe Gibbs race oil. What a bunch of tight wads.
dunno.gif

"However after inspecting the oil filter we found a considerable amount of aluminum debris in the filter which we found strange and troubling."
I have been told by other racers recently of contamination issues and was told by a reputable source they have changed blenders. Anyone else know of this?

It is my understanding that lubrizol produces additives and add pkgs. Wondering about base stocks and blender for this expensive oil.
Anyone?

tesh support from joe gibbs is their oils are mostly grp 5 esters but have a bit of pao its states it on their web site too...this should be an exciting lube for the street..and yes it is for street rods but can use it in your street car

Quote:

The American Petroleum Institute (API) would classify the base oils used in MicroZol XP1 as Group IV and Group V synthetic base oils.

Where are you getting this info Tommie that it's mostly ester based? I only found the above in quotes off their website. Could be mostly PAO for all we know.

it says in their their oils are grp 4/5 and tech support explained to me its mostly grp 5 ester with some pao..about like redline...iam sticking with the three that i use redline,torco,and motul

Tommie, not sure who told you that but I don't think it's true. Two guys said it contains some ester, but not majority. They tout the additive package as the reak key. Lot of ZDDP/Moly.

wow, thanks for the info and the correction. the indivual i talked too said this to me i think i will call them again and ask too...will keep you informed. i know all about redline motul and torco so i will just stay with these...iam a ester nut...lol also maxima oils which are have only 15% pao and the rest is all ester this comes from maxima and they told me!!!..i forgot to mention this oil but primarily used as a motorcycle but it has a full package and a car rating..more and more people are using this oil for their vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back