Oil Recommendation 327 Chevrolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a recommendation for breaking in my 327 on the dyno. Also an oil to use after it is broken in.

331 (327 + .030)
Plasma Rings
Isky solid flat tappet 270/274, Lift .530/.535
Johnson Solid lifters with EDM .020
(direct oiling)
Ported RHS aluminum heads w/ 2.10/1.625 Ferrea valves.
9.8:1 compression.
Performer RPM Air Gap
Holley 750 Vac Sec (w/proform body and base)

I plan on using EOS for the initial break in.

What oil should I use for breakin and then what oil thereafter.

If I change the oil after 25 minutes, and then 1 hour later, can I switch to synthetic or a blend? is that too soon?

I plan on using EOS for the initial break in.

I'm going through the same thing right now....new 402 Stroker motor in the GTO....
Dyno break in on Valvoline 10-40....then after the tuning and abuse....Castrol GTX 10-40 will wash around for a few hundred miles or a few more hours.....then RP Racing 41 is the oil for the rest of this engines life....

Wow that's a neat combo! What oil did you decide the use? My choice would be a good HDEO like Rotella T or Delo 15W40.

I see this thread is about a year old, so how does it run?

Your on the right track. Lots of EOS for the flat tappet.
A HDEO 30W would be ideal but if you can't find that, any 30w should be fine. My Father broke in many flat cams with Pennz 30W with no problems.

Autozone where I live stocks Delo 400 SAE30. If you get a straight 30 weight HDEO make sure its CI4 or CI4+ rated not the low-ash for 2-Stroke Detroits.

After initial cam break-in drain the 30 weight and switch to Rotella T 15W-40 with 8oz of EOS for the first 1000 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back