So.. I have the task of a rebuild.....Viper Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's wrecking yard got a 1992 Viper in yesterday. Insurance just handed it to us, and the owner could careless. The odo reads 73,988.

From what we are told, the car got into 6 rolls and landed upside down, but the drivetrain looks soild.

So, I asked my dad for the car, and he's gonna let me part it out. I keep the engine, the rest he gets to sell. All you race guys out there, I am gonna make this 8.0 liter one bad *** mot*******er!! But, I need your guys help.

I am having a hard time find performance shops that deal with the older viper engines. Basically, I wanna bore it out (not sure if it can be bored out to the more modern 8.3), have higher compression pistons, stronger bearings, connecting rods, and new valves... (all 40 of them)

Basically, I know that this is going to be a year or two long project... but I can even start unless I can find good parts that weren't made in Taiwan, lol.

Thanks guys!

I honestly don't know patman.. Heck, I don't even have the car yet! I was thinking whatever chasis I do decide to use, it needs to be big enough to fit the monster in it.

Hrmm... it might be a tight squeeze.. but I'm liking a mustang body (94-99) right now.

chuck it into a slammed (with decent suspension) phoenix, painted in coca cola (sort of dark red/black depending on perspective), with side pipes

Yeah, that's for the whole package. I believe they recently started making race parts available for sale. The site doesn't not this, but give them a call if you are looking for specific parts/upgrades. They should be able to help you out for a lot less than an entire engine package.

Mid-engined V-10 Mopar minivan done road racing style ala this concept, but done with a Gen 2 ('91-'95) body.
burnout.gif

well guys, I wanted to give you all an update.

Basically, my funds at this point are somewhat limited at this point... so here is what's gonna happen.

I ended up buying the tranny from my dad, and he figured heck, give em the diff too.

I pulled together some parts cars, and I have decided that I'm gonna drop it into a foxbody mustang. (I could say it's a 1990, since that's the vin, but it has many parts from 89, 90, 91, and 92.)

So now the task is to clean up the motor and tranny, and see if this thing will fit.

Ultimately, I will use this car as a track car, or eventually sell it and start another project.

dont let any mustang guys know there is a dodge motor in it.

it would be pretty cool to see it in an old dodge truck. there was one guy that put a v-10 in a charger, i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back