RIP 600HP LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what is going on with the ECM, it seems strange that a brand new one would be messed up like this, but the shop doing the work is extremely experienced in modifying LS1 engines, so they know these things inside out, and went through the complete troubleshooting flow chart and came to the conclusion that it had to be a second bad ECM. They checked every single connection and all the fuses, etc.

The odd thing was that the new ECM worked for half a day. I just hope the new ECM that they install tomorrow morning does the trick!

On the plus side, I will most likely get my dyno tuning redone yet again for free! It'll be the third time they've redone my dyno tuning for me at no charge.

ECMs do go bad in fact, as the first one did (the original one) and so did the second one (the brand new one from GM).

The performance shop put the new ECM in today, and the car started up just fine. But the only problem now is that the dealer needs to upload the newest version in order to get rid of the column lock code, as the car will only move forward a few feet and then shuts off.

So they'll hopefully have it sorted out for me first thing in the morning so I can finally get it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back