best oil for methanol ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to hear which oils are best for methanol carbureted full race 355 displacement engine.Was thinking of using Delo 400 or Rotella T with Synpower as an additive.Will be changing the oil alot.Was using m1 5-30 and not satisfied with it.Thanks.

depends on how long you go with oil changes and if you have issues with alky washing down the cylinders. we have a very similar setup in our race car. 355 with a carb on alky. we went too long between oil changes and had a lot of alky wash down. now we are going to use a cheap conventional oil and change it after every race. the reason we know we went too long is because we took the engine apart after the season and the alky ate the bearings.

Use the Schaeffer oil. Micon Moly. Not know your engine I can't recommend a weight. Thinner is better if you can maintain pressure. I use 40W on my BBC

Salesrep will hook you up....

Sonny...my guys used the AMSOIL Series 2000 20W50. Now I realise your running oval and want to change it often, but what my guys were doing is after a couple of weekends they would drain the oil and let the Methanol settle. One guy had a petcock in the pan and would drain about a cup of alky off after a couple of weekends of racing. Some guys put it into 5 gallon pials and made a couple of batches. They would use about 2 or 3 cases of oil for the season.

-

-

-

-

May I mike another suggestion though you may not need to worry about it.
The AMSOIL AME 15W40 has the Millitary Rust Inhibitor in it and is good for off season storage. From what I have heard the guys that run Alky like using this oil for that reason.

It's also realtivley cheaper than the other grade synthetics.

-

Glad to ehlp SOnny.
One other thing , is your application used on dirt tracks or paved?
Dirt..then yes I can see wanting to change as aften as you can.

NHRA or IHRA.
My local track.....Grand Bend Motorplex is IHRA.

http://www.grandbendmotorplex.com/

The only car I sponsor now was 2003 IHRA Summit Super Series Champion. He won over $100,000.00 cash plus a 555ci ReherMorrison engine a 2004 Pontiac GrandPre GTP and a bunch of other stuff. Went to the IHRA banquet. That was really neat.
Good luck on your final decision.
Don

-

2002 I had the chance to pit crew for my guy. I also had my digital camera with me so I had access to the pits and was right on the staring line when the big boys (Top Fuelers) were playing.
 -

-

Hey Don Stefanik
Is that not Clay Millican?? Sponsered by Royal Purple? Heard he's doing pretty well in the racing scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back