World Merlin Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have these engines in there vehicles?? I was reading my Summit Catalog last night and found these engines to make some serious power, but man are they expensive. A short block runs $5,995! Just curious,,,,AR

I almost bought the $20,000 dollar one for my boat . Then someone offered me a good price and the boat was gone and I still have the money in the bank.
confused.gif
World products make Chevy engine the way they are meant to be made. Back in the 70's chevrolet started remove any quality from their engines ."lightened up the castings. Look up their website.

I don't know about car applications, but I've seen and heard the RR Merlin in a couple of vintage Supermarine Spitfires. It's got to be the sweetest sounding internal combustion engine I've ever heard.

Goosebumps every time I hear one. About 1,600 HP or so, very big.

quote:

Originally posted by Airborne Ranger:
Does anyone have these engines in there vehicles?? I was reading my Summit Catalog last night and found these engines to make some serious power, but man are they expensive. A short block runs $5,995! Just curious,,,,AR

I forgot to add they are a value for what they are.

Steve,
I knew full well, but others had mentioned the spit engines, so I added my old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back