Amsoil vs. Lucas Synthetic Racing Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone ..... I'm new to the board. I apologize in advance if I ramble too much.

I race a late model stock car in Hamilton, ON Canada and am looking for a comparison between Lucas & Amsoil synthetic racing oils.

Why limit to Lucas & Amsoil?

Lucas has infused a lot of $ into grassroots motorsports in Ontario and everything else being equal, I would prefer to show my appreciation by supporting them. Lucas sponsors the track I race at, the series I race in and offers an equal share of XX $ for all racers from our track that submit receipts for $100 or more.

I inquired with Amsoil, as well as other oil blending companies about potential product sponsorship & the support they have offered me through a local Amsoil dealer has been fantastic. They also provided me with a 6 month membership to be an Amsoil dealer, which is also very appealing.

Any insights that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Gibson
[email protected]
www.gibsonmotorsports.ca (work in progress)

Lucas advertises a ton....and I like you appreciate their involvement in our sport....and I buy a ball cap every once in a while...but I'll stick with my Amsoil 0-30 in my LS1....That Lucas spec sheet doesn't do anything for me actually.....I'll let you go first
smile.gif

they are *able* to offer *support* because they sell an enourmous amount of snake oil to oblivious consumers. addatives that make oil worse, etc etc...

use the amsoil.

I sponsored a local college engineering race team.

Neat stuff. They got lots of free Amsoil products. I had some issues with them holding up their end of the sponsorship. Make sure you use the decalage and take photos and do the paperwork!

These Aftermarket Additive Companies make huge profits affording them to throw money at anyone who is looking for sponsorship.
The end results is what counts.
The car I sponsored has won numerus championships, along with being the Summit Super Series World Champion, using AMSOIL from front to back...Series 2000 20W50, AMSOIL ATF, Series 2000 75W90.

-

Yep, I see Lucas Oil doing a lot of sponsorship across motorports ... most notable the CORR off-road series. They don't merely sponsor a team or two, they sponsor the whole series.

I know people involved with those sports like the influx in cash ... and I don't blamwe them one bit.

But I am not impressed.
thumbsdown.gif

If someone can give me one technical reason why I should be impressed with Lucas' motor oils, please do so.

--- Bror Jace

With Amsoil yo will see indivudual sponsorships a lot of the time. I sponsor an oval track car , late model class, with lubes by Amsoil front to back. We use 20W50 Hi-performance in the engine, 75W-140 in the differential.

quote:

With Amsoil yo will see indivudual sponsorships a lot of the time. I sponsor an oval track car , late model class, with lubes by Amsoil front to back. We use 20W50 Hi-performance in the engine

Let me guess, you were sold when you read the "smaller the wear scar the better!!"
lol.gif

The Lucas testimonals have the ever favorite, I drove my car without oil story, except the wife did the driving.

I like hearing that individual Amsoil dealers are sponsoring racing. Sounds to me like a good way to do business.

quote:

Originally posted by salesrep:
Amsoil...

Just wanted to point out that this guy sells a third brand yet pointed you to the Amsoil, not that Amsoil is perfect or better than what he sells lucas is just clearly not as good.

I think Amsoil would do better with real oil nuts if they backed off the advertizing.

You want to try the best stuff on the planet, try ELF:

xt3818 5w30 (+2.5% to 5% HP)
xt3821 5w20 (+3 to 8%)
xt3825 0w20 (Qualifying oil only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back