Brad Penn racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from a fellow tractor puller that this is the old nasty green Kendall oil. It sounds like quiete a few pullers are using it now. Anyone have any feedback with using it?

I used Kendall GT-1 20W-50 for racing for years. 550cid'ish injected 1000hp'ish drag race engines. Yea the nasty green stuff.
grin.gif
When it was changed to the same yellow glop
shocked.gif
Most racers I know thought this was the holly grail of oils.
grin.gif
I got plugged in and found out it was not. I managed to find and buy about 5 cases till I could work out a replacement plan. Than I got interested here on BITOG and had a number of VOA's done by Blackstone. I tested a sample of the real deal GT-1 and a sample of the BradPenn 20-50 and posted it here. For sure they are different.
That said, for a readily available dyno oil, Vavoline VR-1 is way better than both the above oils based on testing and engine performanceIf you want to take it up a notch?? The Schaffer's Micro Molly oil is even better.
If you weigh you money as opposed to count it, Royal Purple Race oil is 2nd to none.

I can tell you that only the Kendall name was sold. The formulas stayed with the refinery and were sold as part of the refinery to ARG. I have also heard that the initial BradPenn was the exact Kendall formula. I do know that many of these formulas have been updated over time and are probably not the same.

There is a VOA of this oil here and it was immediatly attacked by many due to "odd ball numbers". The funny part is that the new Mobil1 EP is now also showing these "odd ball" numbers and people have embraced it as new technology
dunno.gif

As of yet, nobody here has run this racing oil. A user did use the Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 10w-30 racing with a decent UOA and I have used the regular 5w-30, also with great results.

If you do use this oil, please post the results here. There only seem to be a few of us who have access to this oil, but we would love to see the results.

quote:

Originally posted by quick_16:
and you could here a pin drop...lol

BradPenn doesn't seem to be very big here. I think they produce a decent engine oil. I don't know if it is because they don't have oil on the shelves at the big auto parts stores or what, but not too many people are iterested in the stuff. It's really too bad because the results so far seem to be pretty good.

Plus, as it has been brought up before, they make Castrol Syntec in the same refinery, so BradPenn can't be all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back