BMW racing clip,this guy is nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say he is a great driver. He was passing everything. Wish they had showed the rpm & mph at the same time. That was one screaming engine!

Go Hans!... Go Hans!... Go Hans!
worshippy.gif

that was Hans Stuck at Nurburgring. its a 14mile, 147 turn road course.

and here are the specs of his car he was driving:

M3 GTR
Engine specifications
Cubic capacity: 4.0 litres, V8 cylinder
Bore/stroke: 94 mm X 72 mm
Power output: app. 500 bhp at 7,800 rpm
Maximum torque: 500 Nm at 6,500 rpm

Dimensions/weight:
Length: 4,617 mm
Width: 1,884 mm
Height: 1,300 mm
Wheelbase: 2,731 mm
Front track: 1,609 mm
Rear track: 1,602 mm
Weight: 1,250 kilos

Brembo/Performance Friction
Front: Inner ventilated brake discs; diameter 380 mm; brake calliper with six brake plungers
Rear: inner ventilated brake discs; diameter 313 mm; brake calliper with four brake plungers

Brian

And I thought I could corner at fast speed. This guy would be sitting at the finish line when I'm just starting. He is simply talented beyond belief. Nascar needs to hire him to teach American drivers how it is done.

Hans Stuck is certianly one of the fastest drivers in the word. He is equally talented at left and right turns.
shocked.gif

the Nurburg track is awesome. it was nice to get a guided tour around it
cheers.gif

That is a great video.. if you see old Hans Stuck, let him know I'll give him a go at the drag stip.. lol
 -

His closure speed on some cars, like the Porche, was amazing....

Did you see the car, about 4:30 sec. into the video, that used his turn signal to show which side of the road he was taking, allowing Hans to make a clean pass? Amazing!

darrell
sin city

I love watching the really good racing drivers.

They appear to have so much time on their hands.

I guess the old 7Ps apply to racings also.

(reminds me of a local car mag story of Peter Brock driving the Holden Statesman Magnum around Oran Park)

Now if you want to experiance driving the coarse the amazing thing is ...Grand tourismo 4 ..for the playstation 2 has that coarse is it ..is unreal how acurate it is .I mean to the letter ...right down to the graphitti on the road ! WOW !!!!

What happened about a third of the way into this video. Got fuzzy for a second or two. Did he hit the warp drive at that point? But I was waiting, and bracing myself, to see a deer jump out in front of him the whole way. And yes, its always a joy to see a driver perform at speed.

On a related not, has anyone ever seen the video of that Ferrari driver going through the streets of Paris, at suicidal speeds, with a camera on the front of his car? I havent seen it, but supposedly it is a very exhilarating, and scary, movie to see.

GEE!!! What a DRIVE!!!
gr_eek2.gif

I wonder what type of 20wt. oil, Stuckee, had in the BMW?
burnout.gif
burnout.gif

This clip shows a Master, at work
worshippy.gif

Where could we see The Ferrari, drive through the streets of Paris, at speed?

Cheers,
cheers.gif

Impressive all right, but don't you guys think this has got to be an advert for BMW? Those Porches and their drivers cant be THAT slow! Also check the source of that video- BMW..............

I am not familiar with this race series, but based on other European set-ups, this may have been a qualifying run for the BMW. Unlike in the USA, many European qualifying runs are made during "practice" sessions, so you have some teams checking out systems and others driving as hard as they can. Sometimes it is difficult to get a "clean" qualifying run due to slow traffic.

Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back