waaahooo!!!! I bought an 87crx today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, the steering wheel is optional, but in the long run I'm always glad I got one :) The ride height is factory-adjustable up front...there is a nut on the inboard side of the torsion tubes that you can tighten or back off over the full adjustment range to change height. I think each full turn goes 1/16" of an inch. It's in any Chilton or Haynes manual as well if you can't find it.

I've never had the 235 Kumho chunk on a 5" rim, but the 14" ALWAYS chunked on the 89-91 H-Stock Civic hatches. You can run as wide of tire that will fit on the stock size rim as long as you cannot see rubber when viewing the fender from directly above.

The steering wheel rule is legal for all non-airbag models. The stainless steel brake line rule is legal for all pre-'92 cars as a grandfather rule for vehicles that may or may not have the stock rubber replacements available.

I'm in Texas, so I may not reply for a few more days. Happy Thanksgiving!

-JamesW

quote:

Originally posted by Solo2driver:
The stainless steel brake line rule is legal for all pre-'92 cars as a grandfather rule for vehicles that may or may not have the stock rubber replacements available.

This rule will disappear very soon. At least, that's what my sources say. It actually wasn't there for that reason, but I don't recall the original reason it was there.
(I think it was because they were originally legal up until 1992. After that they disallowed it, but in order to not **** off the poeple who already had them they allowed them to keep them.)

Anyway, not too many people are still racing the same stock class car they raced since the late 80's so this rule will pass like a **** in a windy room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back