Going drag racing today-weather conditions are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I am so excited about racing today, just listen to these conditions:

Todays high temp will be around 35F

Sunny skies, no chance of precip

Barometer is currently 30.6 and still rising!

Humidity at 4am was 65% but is forecasted to drop to 40-45% by this afternoon.

Doesn't get much better than this! The track is at 700ft, but with this weather the density altitude is probably way below sea level!

I'm shooting for 12.99 or better in my Corvette. It's current best is 13.23 at 105, with a 1.98 short time. That was in the summer on a 75 degree day.

Have fun!

Got to love the colder air out there
grin.gif

But doesn't the track not have as much traction, when it is this cold ?
(just curious as I never have been to the track before with my car)

Yes, as the air gets colder the track often gets less traction, but the sunny skies should help keep the starting line warm enough. Plus they put down a layer of "sticky stuff" called VHT which helps.

My car actually has a problem with too much traction. Last weekend I found that on a full throttle launch I would get zero wheelspin and this kept my engine from pulling strongly off the line, it was bogging somewhat so my best last week was only a 13.39 at 105.27, with a 2.09 short time. But the cooler air should give me more torque so it shouldn't do that today at all.

By the way, you're also on Torontogasprices.com aren't you? I love that site! I spend a lot of time there lately. It helped me find 70.5 cent gas last night.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
...By the way, you're also on Torontogasprices.com aren't you? I love that site! I spend a lot of time there lately. It helped me find 70.5 cent gas last night.
smile.gif

Yes.

I also love that site; gotta do what you can to save money from your wallet.

I can also be found at www.GrandAMGT.com ; but under a different screen-name.

Weather ended up being awesome! A density altitude of negative 1165!

It was 37F, 35% humidity and 30.7" of pressure.

I didn't run a 12 though.
frown.gif

My car either spins or bogs, I can never seem to get that perfect launch. I need to get it dyno tuned again, I think they set it too rich in the bottom end, causing me to lose low end torque.

So my new best is now 13.17 at 105.3, with a 1.97 short time.

Congrats on the low 13 though
smile.gif
!

I need to get my one wheel FWD drive family sedan to the track sometime just to get some sort of baseline.

I've gtech scores, but nothing like an actual track slip...which is kinda necessary
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back