Motul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup I've experience with that oil, thanks for asking
tongue.gif

Geeze I was just kidding when I said thanks for asking, posted and did some work then got me one of those ....
rolleyes.gif
for having fun .

I sometimes forget I don't mix in with the intellectuals well when I'm having fun on such a serious forum such as this
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
I sometimes forget I don't mix in with the intellectuals well when I'm having fun on such a serious forum such as this
smile.gif

Not everyone appreciates an Okie's hospitality, Motorbike.
patriot.gif

salesrep,
i've using motu for about 10 yrs.very high quality
product.i currently run 15w50 300v in my wr400 yam,5100 in my '02 yam warrior and have been running 8100 0w40 in my '00 gtp pont.i've used at times 5w30&5w40 300v in my cars.with 5/40 300v,the eng. runs very smooth(quieter).almost no oil make up,except alittle w 5/30..got interested
in motu after an ama motorcross, factory husky
ran 15w50 300v..and i got a qt. from'em.the smell
of the oil got me.much like gc castrol has this forum talking.it's ester based,part of which is made from banannas.
smile.gif

bob
socal

quote:

Originally posted by redhorse554:
i've used at times 5w30&5w40 300v in my cars.with 5/40 300v,the eng. runs very smooth(quieter).almost no oil make up,except alittle w 5/30..got interested

Redhorse554,
May be I have missed something, but I understood the oil consumption was slightly higher with 5W-40, but engine was running smoother then with other 300V grades. Would you confirm/clarify ? Thanks.

primus,
sorry for the delay
5w40 300v ran the smoothest
5w30 300v , i did use a little make-up between
ol change.
8100 0w40 ran great..no make-up\'00 pont.3.8 super.

Redhorse554,
Thanks for your clarifications. Seems I need to give another chance to 5W-40 BIO, moreover that its previous generation may be sold with a discount now. Regarding 0W-40, I cannot judge about its wear protection and rely only on some contradictory opinions and rare test results, but as for subjective feelings it's still the best 0W-X I ever tried in my Prelude. However, the oil consumption was 50 % higher with it vs 300V 10W-40 and 15W-50 and could reach 0.7l at 6000 km interval. Also possible that I was too excited by its smooth operation and pushed too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back