Indy, IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anybody else excited about the Indy 500? Tomorrow is carb Day, last day or practice before the race Sunday. None of the breweries are sponsoring a car. Hiram Walker may be. Maybe I will have to upgrade. Miller is sponsoring Carb day and has an ad in the program. Pennzoil and Quaker State are sponsoring cars. Pennzoil even has the highest placed Chevy engine, 10'th. It doesn't look like they have much of a chance. A. J. Foyt is running Toyota! Menards is sponsoring a car, but not Home Depot and Lowes. Too bad we don't have a Menards here.

i went to the indy 500 last year. that was a lifelong dream come true. i really enjoyed it. those cars going by at 220 mph is amazing. i think i am going to watch the cart champ cars at laguna seca this year. it'll be fun to see cars that turn both left and right!

as soon as leave work this afternoon i'm heading down to indy. lots of beer and golf, then off to the race on sunday. been going for about 17 years.

the only disadvantage to living in michigan is i miss the month of may (i'm transplanted from indiana).

foyt and toyota is a weird combo, isn't it?

and in three weeks i'm going back for the usgp.

there's nothing like races at indy.

spaz.gif

Sorry, I can't get excited about an oval race ... ANY oval race. Need to see people turning in BOTH directions, as well as braking and shifting gears.

I always spend Memorial Days at Limerock park.
grin.gif

http://www.limerock.com/2004roadracing.htm

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back